What's new

Post Your Zone Out Experiences here... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
You know, when you do something, and have no recollection of doing it? I had a few of them today.

1) Waking up I remember. I also have a sleep walking problem, so I keep the door closed during the night as a deterent.

The next thing I notice as I'm waking up, I'm brushing my teeth. Yet I have no recollection of walking to the bathroom, opening the door, or starting to brush my teeth....

2)I rode a bike later from point A, to point B, without remembering half the trip. It was a straight road, so I turned around, and amazingly didn't hit anything :).

3)Crowd experiences also have me tend to zone out. I'm not used to 'em, so I don't normally know how to act around 'em. I went up to McDonalds, and there where about 20 people waiting in line, some milling about waiting for there food. I sort of half zoned out watching all the activity, and the next thing I know I'm walking up and staring at the lady at the cash register for a minute without remembering merging through the crowd to get there...

Hopefully the people there didn't think it was toooo strange :). Anyone else have some interesting/scary/funny zone out stories?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I zone out all the time. I think it's triggered most often by the voice of a girlfriend.:D

Seriously though, I might drive through a series of traffic lights and wonder if any of them were green. I certainly hope so!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I just sort of zone out for a couple hours, it looks like I'm doing work, but I'm not. I zone out some more after lunch too. I'd say in any given week I do 15 minutes of real, actual work. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I sometimes have these zone out moments while driving. I'll be on the interstate then all of a sudden it's 30 miles later and my exit is coming up. I have no real recollection of actually driving those miles. A bit frightening actually, but I think it's just a symptom of familiarity with making the same commute everyday.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I always zone out while driving and miss my exit, then I start to see unfamiliar area and figure out that I went to far and have to turn back.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I tend to zone out a lot as I pass by strip clubs on my way home from work. I leave work, head toward the interstate, and the next thing I remember, it's 6a.m., I'm in bed, and my wife's yelling at me about the lipstick on my belt. Yeah, I bet it's the familiarity thing.

:D

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Uhhhh...what was the question?

Highway hypnotism is rather common. It's more of an auto mode. Your attention has to be existent in order to remember something and most people just "go through the motions" when driving a route they do 2 times a day. They are not attentive or watching everything around them. More likely they are simply watching the bumber in front of them.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i also pulled the driving thing once.

it was really late, and i was driving home on the freeway. the next thing i know i snap awake and look around.

somehow, i had pulled off the freeway, driven down an exit ramp, and parked my car on the side of a street, and taken a nap.

i have zero clue how i managed to do that. i don't remember doing any of it. to this day that scares the crap out of me.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I live in Fresno, CA. I once woke up in the back seat of my car parked in the parking lot of Yosemite Lodge, 95 miles from home, at 4:30 AM on a work night, and did not remember driving there. I don't drink any more.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
*wakes up*

Hey, where am I, why am I posting in this thread? Last thing I remember I was reading the NCAA football thread...how the hell did I get in here?

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
Today as I get up for lunch, I think that I should deposit the expense check I've had for about a week. I tell myself -- "remember to bring pen to fill out ATM deposit envelope". I do that, walk to the ATM about 1.5 blks away and realize I forgot the friggin' check. I'm always doing things like that.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
that happens to me all the time, but I've never thought of it that much to remember the exact instances it's happened...freaky as hell when it does happen tho

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Some of the sleep related stuff can be attributed to the fact that we don't remember the last few minutes before we go to sleep. This is because short term memory never makes it to long term memory. I have fallen asleep on the couch many times only to wake up in bed and have no memory of going there.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Same thing happened to me once... I purposely fell asleep in the basement while watching TV one night, only to wake up in my bed. The weird thing was that I got my extra pillow out of the closet, and was actually under the blankets... don't have a clue how I got there..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks