What's new

Post your Theater for Simon Cowell (1 Viewer)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron

With subs, experimentation is the best policy. There are so many areas in a home that can become "death traps" for subs, you have no choice but to try different positions and firing directions to find the one that produces the best bass without becoming dead quiet or boomy as hell.

To the showoffs with the HUGE theaters... How much does it cost to heat those places?!? Do you have any money left to buy DVDs? :D

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I know, I know... time for a new TV. I've also replaced the receiver/amp and HDTV box since these photos were taken.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
John:

Did you get your DVD rack through HT Market? How many do they hold?

todd:

I missed Brent Spiner by about 30 seconds one year. I would love to have TNG and TOS cast member photos with signatures. What I would like the most would be if the individual cast member's shot was signed.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
To the best of my knowledge those were both purchased before there even was a HT Market; however, as you probably noticed, I'll be needing a third unit sometime in the near future. I'll buy it through the HT Market for sure. :emoji_thumbsup:

They say each wall unit will hold 702 DVDs, but that figure is actually low. Real-world use shows that I get an average of 28 DVDs per individual shelf (sometimes 27, sometimes 29 depending on the number of fat cases on that shelf). If you configure the storage unit for maximum DVD space, you'll have a total of 26 shelves (not including the top of the unit). That should give you space for around 725 DVDs per unit.

Each wall unit came with a total of 34 removable shelves. The dowel holes start 6" (152.4 mm) from the bottom of the entire unit and extended all the way up to 6" from the very top of the unit. The holes are spaced 1.5" (38mm) apart. The shelves are all individually adjustable at 1.5" increments.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
John, clean theater overall. First glance I'm thinking nice equipment but a boring room, though it would be nice to see your sitting area. Not enough space heaters in your component rack to fill it in, so you're either looking at some wires or a bare wall in between. Some cheap little add-ins from Ikea can really help a room look "complete."

DVD storage looks a bit cluttered. I know its hard to fine a solution when you have that many movies, but I love Todd's idea of having a separate room for a vast collection. I see it's cut off, but I'm scared to know what other bulky musical equipment you have next to those racks ;) But if it's a rec room, it's a rec room.. no biggie there.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Im diggin the pink though John. =)

Scott, Why no critique for my theater? Is it that bad?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
"16. Do not use in bathtub."

Damn. I have to do some rearranging in the bathtub HT.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
:frowning: I blame my wonderful wife, Lisa, for that horrible color. She did that about 8 years ago, and we both agree it's time for a change. Now it's just a matter of clearing out the room and doing it. Since we are the only people who go in there, it's been a very low priority. I get made fun of a lot about that color when I get random emails from people. :laugh:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
John- ahh much better. The room looks very comfy, from that angle I can tell you're not single :)

Couldn't you put your cable box on your DVD player?

Jimi - sorry, forgot to review yours. Coming up...

-------

Overall, I really like it. Very high-tech and in the basement (not living room) so you can get away with more guy decorations. :) The Sound plaques are tastefully done with wooden frames, and though the DVD shelving looks to make your area even smaller, I like how it matches everything else.

Things I think could use improvement are the walls. 70's retro ftw. Also if you hide the speaker wires it makes a ton of difference. The red carpeting looks very theater-like, but I'm wondering how it would look if it stretched all the way to the wall with the screen. But now I'm just nit-picking. Easily one of my favorite theaters so far. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Thanks for the review! Sad thing about the walls, I just painted them and hung the chair rail about 6 months ago. I couldnt decide on a color for the top half, I bought red paint but after a test spot decided it was too much. It pretty much went tan because I just couldnt decide on a color. Heres a before photo.

This photo is about 2 and a half years old.

Im still waiting for a review from the man himself though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks