What's new

Post your Theater for Simon Cowell (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
ehhhh I mean Mark Sherman :)

I like harsh criticism once in a while. Why not post our theaters and let Mark (and anyone else) review them? No holds barred, do your worst, type of reviews. :) If you're brave enough to stand his comments post a link!

I'll start: > http://www.bluesurfdesigns.com/theater/

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Hey Scott Looks Good. It would be so much better without the fire Place so the TV Could be in the centre but that is no fault of yours.

What is under that room? If there is a crawl space a basement I would Just run the speaker wire/ sub cable underneath to tidy up a Bit so the GARDEN HOSES are not showing. Its a Nice room and the wires Just kill it.

again looks Good Id say a 7 Paula?

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Louie as I said before I like it. Gear looks nice and Clean Not a Huge fan of the amp on the floor ( could pose a threat to the Big Toe )

The other stuff.

NOW THATS HOW YOU DO IT. Very well set up the glass cases and and posters very well laid out and not over the top with stuff Just everywhere. You stuck with a theme and It looks AWESOME.

Simon Says . 9

Paula?............Paula? ( Im sorry Paula is Drunk and making out with Seacrest )

Randy?

Welcome to HOLLYWOOD DOG!!!!!!!!

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Here's mine. Not fully visible in the picture is the Laserdisc player. Just visible below the projector is the bundle of cables running between the projector and the home theater rack, laying right on the carpet.

Can you tell I'm single? :D

To the left of the home theater is the computer workstation. The computer is fully hooked-up to the home theater receiver and the projector, and is supplied with a high speed Internet connection.

At this point, I plead the Fifth! :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Son of a....!!!! A 7? You were too nice. :)

I think that cheap grey component shelving unit is a bit on the tacky side but I couldn't find a good one that was less than 21" in width (the space of that corner)! I agree with the garden hoses, but we're renting so I don't wanna make a dent in the landlord's nicely painted walls.

Thanks overall, I'll take my 7 with pride. :D

My comments:

Todd:
Though it seems cool for a house, that lobby looks like it's for a 99-cent cinema. The theater decorations seem a bit antiquated and it looks like you just settled for them because that's all that was available at a swap meat. Don't get me wrong, I admire when people try to convert to a real theater, but if you're gonna do it, go all out!

As for the theater itself, it definitely shows that you are a movie lover first, and interior decorator second. ;) Things like the single bulb fixture up top to the tons of pictures make it look cheap. DVD storage is perfect, wouldn't change a thing. Where's the component rack/equipment list?

Overall, as stated before, the theater itself is great from a movie-lover's POV, but not particularly easy on the eyes.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Its Like the wall was Just made for the screen :) Looks Nice fonts and Center look very Clean. Im not a Big Fan of the Wires on the floor. My Installer has done a few of these By Building a box for the projector and putting it on the floor under the coffee table. There is a co.that makes a product to help Hide wire without having to distroy the room and cut into the walls. Since you have brick running through the walls cannot be done.

Check them out here http://wiretracks.com/prod-cm.html

Over all The room looks Good Im going with a 7.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Hey Mark,

I feel left out, man! You didn't assign my former room a numerical grade yesterday in PM. I oughtta at least rate a 4. Have at it, sir! Cheers.

DS.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

I tried to give mine that old movie palace look, notice please the organ in front of the screen, clever touch what? I have the missus pretending to play that when we're watching certain films to give it a bit of atmosphere. It's grand I tell ye, we watched Gone With the Wind last week! [smiles whistfully]

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to risk any genial reputation I might have left, and just go with the theme of the thread:

so, mark:

Not sure what your theme of your theater is, but I'm guessing it's along these lines

Do the display cases have any effect on the acoustics?

This I will say: they're all better than my home theater, which is largely slapped together out of this and that.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Hey! I actually got a 7! Wow! I'm so honored! :D

Just to satisfy some people's requests to see the equipment rack, here goes.

The main component rack, made out of the dirt-cheap Sten shelving system purchased at Ikea and painted black. The DVD and cassette players are rarely used anymore.

The vinyl turntable, a Thorens TD-160 MkII with Rotel phono preamp and Shure Ultra 500 cartridge.

And the rear view of my home theater with the projector and USB keyboard and mouse. The projector is resting on the cover of an old reel-to-reel tape player. It gives the projector just enough extra height so I don't have to use the digital keystoning feature. The wires for the rear speakers are hidden away under the carpet.

All speakers are 12 year old PSB Alphas along with a 100C center channel speaker. There is NO SUBWOOFER!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks