What's new

Directors Post your random thoughts! (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"...Living's in the way we die" (Quote from the a-ha song "The Living Daylights")

We're having steak for dinner..I can't wait.

A pizza would be nice about now, though.

Why did they have Marlee Matlin as a commentator on "AFI's 100 Years...100 Cheers" if "Children Of A Lesser God" wasn't on the list?

"I've got my tongue up this chick's..." (Quote from "Andrew Dice Clay: The Diceman Cometh".

When will they be releasing "Tiny Toon Adventures" on DVD?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I'm going to have some cereal.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I hate my job

Id sell my soul to have Anna Paquin for just one night

Im hungry

My G/F needs to loose a few pounds

This cant really be my life

I miss my dad

My R3 Celestial Shaw Bros DVDs better come today dammit.

Im tired and cant wait to go to sleep tonight

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I don't so much hate my job as I do the concept of working. Really eats into the day :D

I like big butts and I cannot lie....

I haven't had a winning record in a fantasy football league since college. I haven't had more than 4 wins in a season in over 5 years!

I'm going horseback riding this weekend for the first time since I was about 8, and I'm a little freaked out about it. Their website, which mentioned helpful hints like "don't wear boxers", didn't help me feel any better.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales

Shoot, I'd kick my grandma for some of that. :crazy:

Can't believe this thread is three pages long already...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Their website, which mentioned helpful hints like "don't wear boxers", didn't help me feel any better."

William Shatners advice would be to wear panty hose:)
Supposedly it helps.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
We need new, 21st century replacement words for funky, groovy, and cool that middle-aged white people can use without sounding silly. I'm tired of recycling baby boomer slang or pilfering the vocabulary of urban culture to describe my experiences, but I don't think I can get away with saying "This is the tits!" in regular conversation.

August needs a major holiday.

Procrastination of hard work is the most consistently rewarding decision that I make on a routine basis. I'd elaborate, but I don't really want to right now.

I've said it for 15 years. We need a TV comedy/drama about engineers/technicians/scientists that isn't set on an intergalactic spaceship in the future and doesn't deal with cyborgs, parallel universes, time machines, or leaping into bodies to make things right. No more lawyer/cop/doctor shows! No more supernatural, paranormal, ghost-watching bullshit. No more morons eating horse rectums for cash. The closest thing that we have is a some math profs on Numb3rs, but even they get to be junior G men all the time.

I always start out writing short e-mails and internet posts, but I never know when to quit typing.

Brad

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
august has three major holidays,

my younger sisters birthday

my birthday

my older brother's birthday

my dad's favorite joke is that he was always very thankful.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I like cute little redheads (but only if they're female) :)

Hell, as long as they're cute & female, it doesn't matter if they're redheads, brunettes, blondes or have purple hair. :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I like a good mauvehead.

Finger hurts - smashed it in the door. Owie. :frowning:

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I think that the word "cool" will always be around and that's fine by me. I couldn't use words like "dope" or "phat" without sounding white as a sheet with fear.

I like taking walks. I just wish my CD player wouldn't skip on certain songs.

Tonight is Scrabble club at my local library so I'm looking forward to that.

I think I might order a pizza for lunch.

I know this woman named Jamie. She's a yoga instructor with a thick body. She's a real babe.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

And I'm still waiting for that autographed photo I asked for from Sherri Stoner.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Record companies are full of shit. They want to blame piracy for their poor sales, when the truth is that for years now, with a few exceptions, all their new music isn't worth listening to. Lots of (c)rap and hip-hop, and (again with very few exceptions), mediocre rock, etc. I do download and buy music still, but it's almost always music that was made 30 or more years ago.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well George, you should check out Wolfmother. If you like Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, etc. you should give their self-titled album a listen.

- Walter.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Personally, I have been coming to seriously appreciate Tool. If Mahler were alive and doing heavy metal, it would be a lot like Tool. There is also tons of stuff in Europe that the American studios don't seem to want to touch. The american studios most definitely have their heads stuffed in a deep, dark place though, for the most part. On the other hand, what difference does it really make? There is already enough great music available to last ten lifetimes, even if not one more decent sliver ever comes out.

I'll have to ask my buddy who knows all things rock about Wolfmother. I have tons (piles) of rock, but I have to admit, they're a new one to me. Of course, most of the current stuff I have is European.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
John - Wolfmother is an Australian trio that simply rocks. Listening to their self titled album is like finding a "lost" album from 1971-72. While they could be criticized as 'derivative', how much art isn't influenced by previous works? They really bring a lot of energy to their music, and I've enjoyed every track on the album. They even have (shades of Jethro Tull :) ) a flute solo on one of the songs. Good stuff.

The other album I've been spinning recently is Dark Light by HIM (a band from Finland). The album is mixed, for me, but I like the lead singer's voice and most of the songs on this album. I found both of these groups via late night talk ( which is where I see most new groups these days ). HIM was on Kimmel, and Wolfmother was on Letterman and Kimmel.

BTW, now that the NHL and NBA playoffs are over, I'm going to dig back into the Movie Challenge. ( Sorry about my absence from the challenge, but with work, other demands, etc. just wasn't getting many viewings in lately. )

- Walter.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I will check out the suggestions Walter. Thanks.

I was careful to note that there is certainly some great new music, but I stand by my contention that overall, the current state of music is not good.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Walter,

I have one H.I.M. (I prefer the full name of the group) album, Love Metal. I hadn't specifically listened to it yet, so I have it playing right now. It seems OK, though it leans a bit too techno/pop for my tastes, especially considering the image the full name of the group conjures.

What I've really been enjoying the last several months is The Silent Force Tour from Within Temptation. Their studio recordings are a bit too polished for my tastes, but this recording (and the Java Island concert DVD in the 3 disc set) is an absolute blast. I love their bombastic style, and Sharon den Adel is a treat for the eyes and ears.

If you want to start a Goth Rock Appreciation thread, let me know. I'm there.

Back to random thoughts....

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd just like to add, the current state of music isn't all that bad. The current state of big studio music sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks