What's new

Post your desktop (1 Viewer)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I found a really cool X-Box Windows XP theme. I used the uxtheme.dll hack to get it to work.
Link Removed

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Travis: Yeah i saw that too, very cool... but too messy for my tastes... i prefer more simplistic themes :)
i've recently acquired the OSX bug.. I'm beginning to theme all my logins/bootscreens/ICQ/MSN Messenger to OSX lol... its just so nice :p)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Ahhhh, Windowmaker. I should have recognized it. It's been a few years since I ran Linux, but I'm wiping XP from my drive this weekend and reinstalling Linux. How does Windowmaker compare speedwise and bloatwise to KDE?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
WindowMaker is MUCH less bloated than KDE. In fact, they are not even in the same ballpark. WM has pretty much no dependencies (you'll need a few graphics libraries though if you want graphics, obviously). Other than that, you just need X and a compiler. A new version was released the other day and it didn't take more than 5 min or so to compile. KDE, on the other hand, has a bazillion dependencies and one time I tried compiling it the thing was still chugging away 8 hours later. You decide ;)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
After I install Linux this weekend (and remove most of the junk that Red Hat installs and turn off the unnecessary services), I'll Download Window Maker and give it a try. Thanks.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor

Here's mine on my P166 @ 266 with 64 RAM happily running XP PRO. I'll get another picture on here soon of my desktop of my P3 1 GHZ system. But notice in this, I letterboxed the panoramic picture I took of those cats. Cool, eh?

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
That's Mozilla 1.4 with the Lindows skin. Mandrake Linux now does anti-aliasing, so the fonts in Mozilla look a whole hell of a lot better. :)
As for the file size, KDE comes with a program called KSnapshot, which is what I used. It seems to do a very good job as far as quality and file size goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks