What's new

Post your desktop (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
heres whhat i currently have, but i have a bunch more other wallpapers that i can swap easily wtih a nifty program :D You can use your imagination of what the other ones are
http://www3.telus.net/sonick/desktop.jpg
You can use your imagination of what the other ones are
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'd like to post mine but I don't know how to do it using Windows, so how do you do it using Win98? thanks.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Keith: See if you have or can get a paint/photo editing program that'll save as JPG or GIF. To copy the desktop, just press the PRINT SCREEN key on your keyboard, this place a screenshot on your clipboard. Then open up the paint program (I use Paint Shop Pro) and paste the image. Then save it as JPG or GIF, then upload to a server.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed
This is my gaming PC 100MegaShock, the shot is shrunk from 1024x768 to 640x480. Details are Windows XP running hacked uxtheme.dll allowing for themes, currently using Copyright theme.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
What would be a good server to upload it to? the one I chose is not working. Thanks.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Well, here's mine. Its normally at 1600x1200 but I scaled this pic to something smaller. No desktop icons, I hate desktop icons. As you can see I also run seti@home and am a proud member of the HTF team :D
DESKTOP
-Marshall

KyleS

Screenwriter
Marshall,

Where did you get the Sat photo for your desktop from? Really very cool or does anyone know good sites where Satellite photos can be downloaded?

KyleS

Steven Hen

Stunt Coordinator
Todd H,
Using a program called true launch bar. Check it out here True Launch Bar
They also have a little program that gets rid of the start button called start killer.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Steven,

Thanks! How is the transparent weather/whatever (such as the one that shows computer stats) done, if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to do stock ticker action like that, but the usuals (e.g. Yahoo) are a bit intrusive.

Todd

Steven Hen

Stunt Coordinator
Todd,
I've only used Coolmon Link Removed and CureInfo CureInfo , I don't think either will do a stock ticker.
The one I have showing is Desktop weather which I think is great. Link Removed

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Stephen Hen: Thanks alot, Samurai (CureInfo's new version) works great!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks