What's new

Post Pics of your Console Setup. (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
What's wrong, Rob? Was the Xbox too big to fit in your dorm room? ;)
Just kidding. Nice pictures, everyone. Maybe I'll try to get my own system online soon. I have some pictures on my computer, but they are pretty out of date now. Since those pics were taken, I have replaced the receiver with a pre-pro/amp combo, built a new flexy rack, and purchased an Xbox. If and when I do post some pics, I want to make sure that everything currently in the system gets represented. You know, so that no one's feelings get hurt. :)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
What's wrong, Rob? Was the Xbox too big to fit in your dorm room?
:laugh: :laugh:
Actually... I have my hands full with 'Cube right now... but next month, it is XBOX Live! time :)
My dorm room is AMAZINGLY small, but (believe it or not) there are SMALLER ones :)

Alan Wild

Stunt Coordinator
I have an old pic of my setup from a year ago. It's a little out-of-date (pre-gamecube and xbox).
Since that pic was taken:
  1. The PS2 has moved a slot over to the left.
  2. A Sony SACD player has taken the empty place left by the PS2.
  3. An XBOX has replaced the N64 game rack on the lower left.
  4. A Gamecube now sites right next to the N64 (yay small consoles).
  5. An Outlaw ICBM sites above the stack of middle stack of components (the shelf with the TiVo).
  6. My line doubler moved from said shelf to above the VCR.[/list=1]
    So yeah, I really need to take a new picture.
    Link Removed
    In case anybody's concerned. I've added extra bracing to that MDF shelf to make sure it doesn't crumple under it's own weight. :)
    -Alan

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Wow Rob. I sometimes think my dorm room is small(granted it looks like your room is a single while mine is a double). However, I get claustrophobic just looking at the pictures of your room :) I must say though, I commend you for using the limited space so well.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Oh, it's certainly a double :D My roommate is crammed in on the other side.
Sometimes I feel like I am in Sam Lowry's office from Brazil :laugh:

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Rob,
Good God! I guess I've been fortunate because the only dorm rooms I've lived in have ranged from good sized to huge(where I am now). In any case it'll be nice to have my own bedroom once I graduate. That's really the one thing I really wish I had now.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Dave, your roommate has NO COMPUTER! Who is this guy? :D
I don't think it is possible to have no computer here at UCF, most of my classes require SOMETHING online.
I need a futon or sofa of some sort crammed in here... I have no place to get comfy.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Jason, I love all the switches on top of the TV! I had to do the same thing for years with all the game systems. Finally have a receiver with enough inputs and a TV with inputs that I only have one switch box now! Doing what you can, with what you got! Love it man!

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Rob, how does the Viewsonic doubler work out? I tend to play most of my games on my computer monitor, but with the newer systems, the ugly quality from my TV Tuner card just does not cut it.

I'm trying to figure out the best method of getting all my systems looking good on a monitor, and have seen the ads for the new Viewsonic box, but wasn't sure how good of a job they do.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Graeme, I think the line-doubler looks GREAT! Much Much better quality for consoles than any internal TV Tuner I have seen. :)
There is a thread in the PC/HTPC section about it and also a HUGE thread on AVSforum.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Jason,

I'm in the same situation as you. I have several systems that I want to get hooked up, but without more inputs and switches its all a no go. Plus I don't think the wife could handle anymore wires in the living room.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I know BrianB!!! I keep on telling the wife that its time for a new TV, but she just won't listen to me. She keeps on saying we need to spend these things called bills and I'm like no we need to spend it on a new TV. Hell I even offered to sell some of her eggs on the black market but she didn't go for that(not sure why I was like we only need one and you have hundreds lets share the wealth)....women, they just don't understand the importance of a new TV.

Todd_B

Second Unit
I'll jump in here too :D

Xbox/GCN/PS2
Panasonic AE200
80" DIY Blackout Screen
Studio 40s/CC/20s
SVS 20-39csi
PSA-1 Amp
Onkyo 575
4 Aura Bass Shaker Pros
Todd_B

James D S

Screenwriter
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Makes me all the more anxious for Halo 2. I enjoy Halo on my 16:9, but it is afterall stretched. A native 16:9 Halo with the graphics engine that's delivering those stunning early promo shots and the stock on our HTs will rise like that Warthog did in "Dreams of a Master Chief."

Keep those stunning set-ups coming...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks