What's new

Post Pics of your Console Setup. (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Hey Dave Bennett... you live in the same dorm hall as my cousin who is studying Computer Engineering. Small world huh? He is in Hilltop Suites 420 there at UCONN, David Borgeson. :)

Tim Hess

Second Unit

Just wired my Xbox into my LAN this past week.
Not shown:
Dreamcast (hooked up to my PC)
SVS SUB (I have yet to take new pictures :))

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Chris, image station won't let you link externally - got to go through their main site....

If you're desperate for hosting, pm me, I can stick them up for you on my space.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my set-up, these pictures don't reflect some of my new game purchases, or the cable modem and router hooked up to my PC's, XBOX, and PS2. Big thanks to Brian for hosting the pictures for me!
My Panny PT-47WX49 TV:

My systems (PS2, Cube, Xbox, N64, Dreamcast, SNES, NES, and games, and the Akai 27' Flat Screen for extended gaming sessions:

Some games:

Old school gaming:

Gaming bliss:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Chris-

If you think THAT is gaming bliss, imagine it on a 10'x20' screen. At ScooterPalooza '01 (I think second party, might have been first) I got DoA2:H for PS2 on the screen, Age 99 if you know what I mean.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Rob L,
Small world indeed. I just hope your cousin doesn't rob me blind like someone did over christmas break last year ;) My setup was not nearly as nice as it is now before that insurance check came :D
Jon B,
Is that the 27" Samsung Dynaflat you've got there? If so I've got the same set.How do you like it? Overall I'm pleased with it but like any TV it's got its quirks.

John Bryant

Second Unit
John B,
Is that the 27" Samsung Dynaflat you've got there? If so I've got the same set.How do you like it? Overall I'm pleased with it but like any TV it's got its quirks.
Yep, that's the one. What quirks have you noticed?
EDIT-Mine is the HDTV.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Jon,
I have the non HDTV version. I've noticed that the black levels are kinda off when adjusted to eliminate that "flicker" that this set exhibits. When you lower the brightness(even after using the service menu to eliminate the flicker) the video input screen with no signal going into it is not black and kind of "pulses" in color. It's not noticeable during movie or game viewing(save for Resident Evil during the door opening sequences) but it is a bit irritating. However, I'm still very happy with the set.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Scott - That blue chair you call a Polypoof, I searched google and there's nothing called a Polypoof. Does it have a real name? Looks comfy :)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Scott L, KI is one of my favorite arcade games of all time, can you give me some details about your setup? Where can I get the MAS joystick, a web search didn't bring anything thing up.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Chris, that's the emu of the game. I have the SNES version but if you've played it you know why you'd want the arcade version. My comp is feeling its age but it's holding up well for most things:
P3 800eb, 384mb pc150, 2-20gb ata/100 7200rpm HDs, Pio 104s dvd, Plex 8/4/32, Radeon 7500 *bba, hooked to cable internet
The Radeon has a handy S-video out but is nothing impressive for 3D games. The MAS stick is also linked on my site :) Link Removed (Super Pro-Stick). It's pretty much top knotch for nerds like us using 3/4" MDF. The parts are easily replaceable/interchangeable and you can pay more to hook it up to several systems.
The one I'm using is just for PS2 but I bought a PS2 --> USB converter. You can use just about any PS controller on the computer with that device. Remember X-men the arcade game?

If you want some more info on KI send me an email. [email protected]

James St

Supporting Actor
Here are some pics I took soon after I got my Pioneer 533. The only thing I've added since is a Linksys switcher for broadband support for XBox Live and the PS2 network adapter. The flash washed out the picture on my set but without it its too dark.
New RPTV
Consoles in lower rack

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Hey Scott, that Xmen The Arcade game pic you have there..Does it have sound? I haven't been able to find a good emulated version of the game with the Sound intact...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yea, the sound works fine. When I first played it it was scratchy but you just have to tinker with the settings in mame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks