What's new

Post Pics of your Console Setup. (1 Viewer)

millercv

Second Unit
I'm sure this has been done before but it has been a while I think.
How about everyone posts a picture of how they have their consoles setup?
I'll start:

Larger Version Here
Left to right, top to bottom: NES, RCA switch box (w/ optical switcher and GBA on top), Genesis (w/ SMS adapter), N64, Gamecube, SNES, DC, PS2, and Xbox. (and yes they are all hooked into the system at once...
The shelf thing most of them are in is from Target - it works great. Probably the most interesting thing though is that the NES, Gen, N64 and SNES all arrived in the system in the last week. I was inspired by your replies to the "favorite" games thread and decided to go back and play the ones I've missed. Its amazing how cheap you can pick up the old systems on eBay these days!

James D S

Screenwriter
Millercv,

I love these threads and it's been too long since the last one.

I myself would love to post my pics but I don't have a way of hosting them. Though I do look forward to what others have going.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
James, and anyone else that needs...I can host your pictures for you, just email to me and I'll give you a link to the directory so you can post them here. Once I get my hands on a digital camera I'll post some of mine :).
Dean

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I'll have to get my setup online. I've finally got my DC hooked back up (but relagated to my computer setup.)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
System overview:
Link Removed
The TV is a Sony Wega XBR 400
The speakers are Definitive Technology BP-2000 mains, C/L/R-2000 center, and BP-30 towers (not shown) in the back
Link Removed
Sherwood Newcastle AM-9080 5-channel amp
Sony Sat-T60 DirecTivo
Xbox
Gamecube
JVC component switchbox
Sony MD player
Sony PS2 (standing on floor to left)
Link Removed
Anthem AVM-20 Processor
Toshiba SD-4700 Progressive DVD
Monster Power HTS-2500
Sony 400 disc jukebox
A bunch of messy cables!
Link Removed
All our DVD's & current video games are stored here
At the top right you can see the Linksys WAP-11 WiFi hub
At the bottom right you can (almost) see the Linksys 4 port switch that feeds the WAP-11, the PS2 & the Xbox from the wall port. Mp3 audio is also fed via a coax digital feed to this wall port.
The wall port originates at the "computer room" some 30 feet away.
Link Removed
This is controller storage and where I keep my currently active older consoles. In this case a Dreamcast and Atari Jaguar. This area changes as I also rotate my SNES and occasionally my 3DO.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Dang Camp - sweet! Like the clean lines of the whole setup. That and the Anthem - nice.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Do you know what the Scootplex is? Yeah, that's mine.

(Actually, it's not mine. Every once in a while, I'll play games on it, but most of the time I play them upstairs, in the living room theater)

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Mine can be seen here:
Link Removed
Link Removed
I don't have a shot of my overall PC set-up and can't get one tonight since I took my camera to work today and left it there.
Aaron

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Ill post some picks once i get my xbox sometime early next week. At the moment i just have a DC and Gamecube. Selling my N64. I only have so much space in my room to set up systems and by default the N64 had to go for a real lack of playing time. Xbox and Shenmue II here i come

capt

James D S

Screenwriter
Thanks to Dean, here are some pics of my little pride and joy:

This is the main view of the gameroom system. Here you can see the system: Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, SNES w/Super 8 converter, Genesis w/Sega CD and 32x, 3DO, Dreamcast, Saturn, Turbo Grafx 16, N64, and Game Boy Advance NTSC converter (behind the PS2). To organize it all, I'm using a stack of Pelican system s-video switches. My Laserdiscs are on the left as well as the A/V system.

Here's a view of the DVD rack and some of the games. (My collection of vintage figures fills the case (my other vice).

This is the case on the left of the system. Transformers, Voltron, He-Man and the like.

This is the downstairs system. Primary components are Pioneer Elite receiver, Panny RP-91 DVD, Atlantic Technology THX Ultra speaker set, an RCA 61" HDTV and of course, the only system able to take advantage of it, the Microsoft Xbox. The two Boxes are on a network and we flip a coin to see who gets to play their end of Halo on this system. :)
Now, I'm just waiting for us to get DSL service out here in the boonies and then it's Xbox Lives-ville.
Peace.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
James,
Love those display cases with the various action figures, especially the TFs. Looks great with all the rest of your gear. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
James D S

You'll get amazing results if you move your AT main speakers forward in your downstairs setup. Forward and away from the TV and such between them so they have room to breathe. And slightly toed in to the listening position. You'll get far better imaging and soundstage between them. Worst case scenario you move them back.

millercv

Second Unit
James D S are those glass display cases commercially avail? I've been looking for something like those. Love the display - Makes me want to set up my Lion Bot (Voltron).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks