What's new

Post Pics of your Car setup (1 Viewer)

Daniel J Hauer

Auditioning
Angelo Petralba:

I would have figured your name would be Mikey...

I knew I had seen that install before. This is Gveto from CAF. Where's the pics of the 12A?!

I'm running into people I know from other forums alot around here lately.

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
My car at sounddomain , it is still a long way from being finished, and nothing will get done till the middle of the summer when I get back to the states. The primary goal behind my system is top notch sound quality, and keeping full funtionality of the car, and doing both in a 100% DIY install. I'd like to compete but not sure how competitive it would be, since some stealth was somewhat of a priority it's not very flasy.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Not too exciting, but I sure like the rear seat DVD!

Big Blue:

Blg Blue's Stock Rear Seat Entertainment System:

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Oh, a Celica nice. I considered getting a Celica for a while actually but the coupe nature and higher insurance rates made me look elsewhere. Very nice looking car though, looks like a concept car. Then again, I've always had a soft spot for Celicas, from the pop up headlight model Celica to the 4 headlight model. It's too bad the older US Celicas didn't really have the power to back up the looks. Luckily Toyota remedied that with the newest model.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I feel like MR. Ghetto with my bulky construction orange subwoofer box in my 94 Toyota 4runner that has to weigh about 100lbs. I guess you could say I tried a more sound quality approach instead of "clean".

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/RCcars/car_audio.htm

My stuff:

Headunit: Alpine 7995 pre-pro (sure beats my old Sony that crapped out on me, this one was refurbished and only $240 shipped but looked factory new)

Amplifiers: I have a JBL amp for the front, the model eludes me but it's like 70wpc. I have a 40wpc amp for the rear that's an old SoundStream, and a PPI 350watt @ 4ohm bridged amp for my tempest.

1 farad capacitor
100 or 150amp wafer fuse protecting 4ga wire I forget.
My wires are generic "USA" made brand, but they work well. My interconnects are quad shielded "guitar" signal cable with Neutrik gold/nickel Connectors. (Cheap DIY ICs)

Here's the real kicker: I used to have Pioneer speakers and then Alpine type R speakers, but I found a new light. I designed a pair of Vifa 2-ways for my car with custom crossovers. Complete with Jantzen inductors and Solen polypro caps with film/foil bypass caps. They're mighty big XOs, but they sound very nice. It took a month of tweaking before I got my crossovers to sound clean and not fatiguing nor too laid back.

There's little sign of sibliance and sizzle, it's like you're hearing good quality pro sound speakers when they're playing at high volume. Man can get it loud...

My rear speakers F3 is roughly 100hz, and they're in sealed fiberglass/mdf/resin enclosures.

REAR: Vifa 7" PL series woofer Vifa DG25 aluminum dome tweeter. Tweeter dialed down about 5db to act more as rear fill.
FRONT: Vifa 4" midrange with Tag Band Neo 1" Silk Dome tweeter.

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/RCcars/vifa_dipole.htm

Sorry no current pics... just 6 month old ones :frowning:

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Angelo Petralba:

I would have figured your name would be Mikey...

I knew I had seen that install before. This is Gveto from CAF. Where's the pics of the 12A?!

I'm running into people I know from other forums alot around here lately.
He ehe he.. My son's name is Michael.little Mikey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks