What's new

post people! (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
That's just because nobody's started saying anything contreversial about one platform or another. How about this:
Ps2 Sucks-Xbox can run circles around anything it can do technically, and anyone who is developing for the Ps2 over the Xbox is wasting their time. :)
Has anyone ever noticed that the gamecube is like the iMac of the console world? Buy our console-it's purple (or orange, or green, etc)!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Hey Dan Brecher... what would you think about combining "Video Game Software" and "Video Game Hardware"? I don't really see a need for both (plus it would probably save ya' a little time to only monitor 1 thread instead of 2).
:D

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Well, I did try to get some Dreamcast discussion going by posting the Electronics Boutique offer below, but no one has seen fit to respond. 154 views and no replies...what is that? :D

ChrisV

Second Unit
Already got one... :) everybody should have one.
Spent a bit of time with Soul Calibur this weekend, that game is absolutely stunning. See? It turned into a software discussion again. :D
Ok, hardware... the Dreamcast is an amazing piece of hardware, excellent graphics, excellent games, VGA, online out of the box, tiny package.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Since this thread has turned into a potpourri of hardware related things...

Has anyone bought a new GBA game recently? I haven't. Last game I got was Castlevania: CotM and that was in March...

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I passed by a Funcoland this weekend and saw some used Dreamcasts being sold for $49. I thought about getting one. But then I decided against it. That's my Dreamcast adventure :)

Nathan A

Second Unit
a local mom n pop game store has a turbografx16 for sale, but the only games they had were old sports ones so i passed. anyone know if any place sells any good games, specifically bonk, blazing lasers, or the ninja game (great description eh? it was in egm's top 100 feature. and is Alien Crush any good?) available? if so then i'd pick it up.

oh! anyone remember the Tiger handheld that came out a while back? it had versions of mortal kombat and doom i think, and it had no color. boy, it looked terrible.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have a TG-16 and Blazing Lasers and Alien Crush, along with some other games. I think that the fact they could put so much information on those little cards is pretty amazing, too bad it wasn't that popular.

And Alien Crush IS good. One of the best pinball games out there.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Nope, still holding out hope that Nintendo will release a backlit version. See...thats hardware!
One word-afterburner! I installed mine about two months ago now, and firmly believe that this is the way that the GBA was meant to be. The greatest GBA accessory ever created!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
One word-afterburner!
Yeah I know about it. I tend to stay away from console mods though. I don't play them THAT much to have much of a desire to crack open the case. I can wait until Nintendo comes out with a real backlit one. Whether it be a new GBA or whatever they have in the magic box for the next super portable. Cause we all know they'll just keep recycling all the best games anyways.

Frederick

Second Unit
I have the GBA, but I haven't played it much. I guess my hands are too big, or I'm getting old, `cause extended play on it makes my hands sore. I was thinking about picking up that light kit to install on it, `cause it's pretty hard playing Castlevania in anything but direct light. How hard/easy is it to install?

Freddy C.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Not all that bad if you've soldered anything before-and still doable if you haven't. If you have a solder removing tool you should be able to fix any mistakes.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I heard the Afterburner can sometimes wash out the colors on games, and at some parts of Castlevania this would be deadly.

I can wait until Nintendo comes out with a real backlit one
They never released a backlit GameBoy, GameBoy Pocket, or GameBoy Color in America, so I doubt they will release a backlit GBA. Then again, if they release a Japanese one, you can import it and then use it to play every GB game every made since there are no region lockouts. But I doubt if they ever will release one.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
They never released a backlit GameBoy, GameBoy Pocket, or GameBoy Color in America, so I doubt they will release a backlit GBA
I think the GBA is a different beast than the other gameboys. All the past were pretty much the same thing, just slightly different form factors and slightly different screens, I wouldn't expect a backlight version of them. But with the GBA being basically version 2 I would. Maybe I'll have to wait till version 3. Which is perfectly fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks