Post count not changing when I post a message. ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Jan 26, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

With this post, I have posted four messages this morning, yet my post count is not changing. I have never seen this before. I am locked in at 4721. Anyone know why?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

This site is running very slow this morning (Saturday, January 26th). When I submit a post or a change to a post, the system is extremely slow.

Also, in addition to not seeing my post count change, I am not seeing a record of my posts on the message boards. In other words, when I enter a post and go back to the board I posted on, I don't see my name appearing as the last person to post to that thread. The person who posted before me appears as the last one. Obviously there is a problem with the system being updated.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

As an update, the site is running much, much faster from my vantage point now, however, certain threads are not updating on the message boards. In other words, my posts are still not showing up as the last posts entered on certain threads where they are the last posts. Also, the thread counts for certain threads are not changing. For example, a thread on the DVD player boards dealing with Sony DVD players still shows 8 posts entered, when in actuality, 13 have been entered. If you click on the '8', the pop-up window shows that indeed, 13 posts have been entered. Also, my post count is still not being updated, as I am still frozen on 4721.
    By the way, I logged out of the Forum to erase all cookies and logged in again. That didn't fix the situation. What's going on? [​IMG]

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

O.K., this is weird. After entering the previous post on this thread, my post count changed to 4722. That's still not right. The previous post in this thread was the first one I entered after logging out and logging back in. So, that post was counted, but several others from this morning were not. For what it's worth, I should be at 4731 posts, including this post.

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Some functions seem to lag a bit. I've noticed the "last post by" phenomenon before.
    It's not related to your PC or your name [​IMG].
    After some time all is well...
    Cees

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Cees, thanks for the info. This is my first post in about 9 hours or so, so we'll see what happens after I enter it.

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

My post count still isn't right. I don't get it. [​IMG]

8. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Keith:

Your post count is correct. I believe the problem that you were having this morning was related to the database having an index added so it slowed it down. It might have also messed with the new posts that you made being added to your total number.

I can rebuild everyone's post count but it would only show up those posts that have been made since we moved to vBulletin and remove all the totals from UBB so...........

The numbers are going up as they should so I am not sure what is going on with some members having a lower post count but it might have something to do with the mods made to the database.

Parker

9. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

My post count is down maybe 150 posts, I was 2500+ yesterday and was at an even 2400 today. ???

10. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Parker, my post count is not correct. When I first pulled up the HTF site this morning, I had 4720 posts. Counting this post, I have entered 17 posts today. Thus, I have 4737 posts. Prior to entering this post, the site was showing that I had 4728 posts, so I presume it will show 4729 after I enter this post. Parker, you are correct that the site is adding my posts to the post count now, however, there was a time this morning when posts were not added to my count, and they still have not been added. In any event, my proper post count after entering this post is 4737.

By the way, a couple threads I posted to this morning are still not showing the proper number of posts. Check the Sony DVD player thread on the DVD player board. The board shows that 8 posts have been entered, but 13 have been entered. I entered the last post to that thread this morning, but someone else's name is given for the last post. He entered the 8th post. Also, my Sony MDS-JA555ES minidisc player thread on the hardware board (my Boo-Hoo! thread) is not showing the correct post count either. I entered the last post there this morning, but the message board does not show this post as being added. Again, someone else is shown as having entered the last post.