What's new

Post Apocalyptic Movie "Hardware" (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
It was scheduled. Dont knwo what happaned. Amazon does list a Hardware DVD.

Theres a R2 available as well.

I want one too.

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
That's weird...when it was almost released last year (or was it even earlier?), it was pulled so late that a bunch of copies ended up shipping anyway.

I never ended up scoring a copy of it then, so I'd love for all this to be finally ironed out.

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
I have been waiting for this for some time. I picked up a vhs copy at a flea market for $1 since this is the only way for me to see it anymore.

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Simkiss
As JonZ points out there is a R2 (Germany) version out there, qualitys not exactly superb though.

And for those interested in Richard Stanley's work, his other film dust devil will be getting a Region 2 SE release with commentary from Stanley as well as deleted scenes etc And will be packaged with his various documentries on Voodoo, Nazi occult etc

Go here for info...
Also play.com has Dust Devil up for pre order, but Im not 100% sure if it's the same as the subversive cinema release thats listed at the above link.

It looks like Richard Stanley is trying to tie up some of these rediculous rights issues to get his films distributed correctly, who knows, Hardware could be next (fingers crossed)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
That's cool that Dust Devil will be getting a release. Now let's hope Hardware gets a Region 1 release cleared soon.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Is there a good place to purchase the region 2 DVD of Hardware? All I currently have is a crappy VHS recording that I think I made from cable TV.

I'm not sure what it is about Hardware but I really do like the film. There really isn't much to the story. I think that the gloomy atmosphere is what pulled me in. Okay... Stacey Travis was quite appealing as Jill too.

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Simkiss
I've been trying to figure out for ages why on earth I like Hardware and Dust Devil so much, technically their both pretty shoddy films with some exceptionally poor acting and laughable effects.

I guess I just enjoy rooting for the underdog, when you get into some of the production historys of these films both were made for next to nothing, both were a major effort on the part of many involved who were underpaid, over worked etc
Plus there are some moments of pure genius from cinematographer Steven Chivers and scorer Simon Boswell.

I'd put both of them firmly at the top of the B-movie pile and I look forward to what Stanley does next, hopefully with a bit more budget. I suspect he has a lot to give to film if only studios would go along with some of his crazy ideas and just let him get on with it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
One word of caution, the German R2 (at least the one I have) is not OAR. I'm not sure if it is actually FS or P&S. I think it's P&S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.