What's new

Post 1,000,000 is just about to happen. Maybe some prizes should be in order (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I don't see it happening. Individual post counts are not revered or generally discussed here, so I don't expect the collective post count to draw much attention either. (That is not a criticism, but rather a prognostication based on recent actions taken.)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about prizes, but I would like to see some kind of recognition for the event. 1,000,000 posts is, to me, a pretty viable milestone. I don't correlate it with individual post counts because it is a collective effort. Every HTF member had a hand in it.

Bruce

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Guys to be honest we hit the 1 million post mark about 6 months ago. With all the threads/posts that we have deleted over that time we would be closer to two million by now. Just like if we allowed just any ol' username at sign up we would have over 250,000+ registered members.

What I think is the real milestone is that we are getting near 1 million posts that we have been able to keep on the forum.

Great job to everyone that has been involved in the great success of Home Theater Forum. I think it would difficult to give out a prize to just one member for a specific number when all have contributed so much to the overall success of the place.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Parker

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Parker, good point. I had forgotten about all the deleted posts/threads. 1 Million quality posts is something that you and Ron should take great pride in. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Remember that part in Amazon Women on the Moon when a kid trying to buy condoms at a mom-and-pop pharmacy (Ralph Bellamy was the pharmacist). The kid, of course, wanted to get the condoms real, real quick, and very discreetly. Too, his new girlfriend was waiting outside in the car. But he turned out to be the condom manufacturer's one-millionth customer! So a TV crew turned up, the spotlights focused on him, his parents were called, and the girlfriend hightailed it out of there!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Wow not bad, now that we finally got the postcount controversy out of the way, we celebrate reaching 1,000,000 posts, woohoo!
Maybe the forum should have a large postcount total at the top of the page in neon which goes ping every time a member posts something!;)
[Sorry stuck in silly mode]:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks