What's new

Possibly Krishna song? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've been hearing a song on the radio a lot lately that sounds like it's maybe a Krishna song. It would most likely be from the '70s. It sounds a little like George Harrison, like the "Vishnu, Vishnu" section of "My Sweet Lord," but it's not that. The best I can do is try to do a phonetic version of how I remember the chorus in my mind and just hope you know of a famous song from the period that had what sounds like Indian chant/singing. I hear:
Ba baba da, com sada swa
Ba bura da, com sada swa
Repeats that for a bit. It's probably too much to ask for anyone to know what I'm talking about, but it's driving me nuts. This list didn't seem to help:
Hare Krishna in popular culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
you are correct. APPLE Records did put this out in 1970/71
MY GF used to play it to death but for the life of me I cant remember the name of it, produced by GH

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks. That gives an area to search in. I thought I heard George on the backing vocals, but I couldn't find it on his albums.
The station was playing it a lot recently, but of course, they've stopped now.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Shankar's "Oh Bhaugowan" has a promising title. Substitute that for my "Ba baba da," and it sounds right in my mind. Unfortunately, I could only find a 1995 Shankar version and it didn't sound anything like it. If the Beatles strongly backed him on the original, this might be it. I think I'm hearing John's vocals in my mind.

Charles Miller

Auditioning
Could it be "Hare Krishna Mantra" by the Radha Krishna Temple (London)

George Harrison: producer

APPLE 15

Release Date 29th August 1969

U.K. Singles Chart Detail : Entry Date : 13th September 1969

Highest Position : 12

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Charles Miller said:
Could it be "Hare Krishna Mantra" by the Radha Krishna Temple (London)
George Harrison: producer
APPLE 15
Release Date 29th August 1969
U.K. Singles Chart Detail : Entry Date : 13th September 1969
Highest Position : 12
It's in my collection but I have it as Apple 1810.
[edit]
Hare Krsna Mantra / Prayer To The Spiritual Masters (single) Released August 22, 1969 in the US, Apple 1810/ August 29, 1969 in the UK, Apple 15.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The one I am talking about it a little more "poppy." It's in a similar vein to My Sweet Lord, though I think the lyrics are entirely hindi. I think I listened to the Hare Krishna Mantra at YouTube, if it's the one that repeats, "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna." If so, it's a different one.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
here ya go,mate: Radha Krsna Temple, The - The Radha Krsna Temple (LP, Album) at Discogs
APPLE 15 would have been the UK/EMI first issue catalog number series- APPLE also used SAPCOR(18) numbering system as a series of lower budget-re-released or non Beatle recordings. ALL EMI LPs had "type style" stamped inner matrix numbers (around he label area)-if its hand written-probably boot
(all often had an EU sub catalog number, as in: (1E-064-05429 UK) 2B-Holland, 3D Germany etc All had much nicer covers-fine inks and finished/textured paper
SW(or ST) 1810 would be the US/Capitol edition-standard churn 'em out for as little as they could get away with
might be scare-but try to get the UK version-EMI made MUCH better sounding records back then-Thick, flat-no scuffs and better dynamic range
The USA mass produced them as "product" and could have given a sh*t about quality
Rhada Kri

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, it took nearly five years, but I happened to catch this song on satellite radio today. #9 Dream by John Lennon. Fortunately, it wasn't weighing on my mind this whole time. I forgot about it until it came on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks