What's new

Possibly Buying Yamaha/Polk/Rocket for my setup. Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Matt+H

Grip
I have been wrestling with what to buy for a while now with a budget of 1500-1700 for 5.1 speakers and a receiver. Here is what I am leaning towards.

Receiver - Yamaha HTR-5760
L&R - Polk RC65i
Center - Polk CSi3
Rears - Polk RC55i
Sub - Rocket ELT-1 SW-10

The bad thing is I have never heard the Yamaha hooked up to the Polks. Since I am going inwall I am not sure where I could even listen to the polks in some sort of surround sound setup. I have also never heard the Rocket ELT, but have seen good things on this board in regards to them. Please leave comments if this sounds like it may be a good package, or suggest something that I can swap out to get the most bang for the buck within my limit.

Also, this is probably a dumb question and hope I do not get flamed, but does the Rocket ELT-1 Sub come in any color other than the cherry?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I'm pushing Polk speakers (RTi8s & CSi3) with a Yamaha receiver. I think both go well together. In regards to your use of those particular in-wall speakers, I can't comment, though. I'm not sure how they sound.

My past experience with in-wall speakers led me to building some cabinets out of MDF and changed them to an on-wall configuration. The sound was quite a bit different (and better) once I got the in-wall speakers mounted into the MDF cabinets.

Frank.Ch

Agent
Hi Matt, I think I went through nearly the same process as you. I ended up buying Klipsch package from Best Buy for $1900, including the 5760 receiver. You can see my thread about home theater set up. My room is not set up for in-wall speakers, so I had to go with bookshelf speakers.

Good luck. I am waiting for the subwoofer and center channel to arrive this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks