Possibly Buying Yamaha/Polk/Rocket for my setup. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Matt+H, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Matt+H

Matt+H Extra

I have been wrestling with what to buy for a while now with a budget of 1500-1700 for 5.1 speakers and a receiver. Here is what I am leaning towards.

Receiver - Yamaha HTR-5760
    L&R - Polk RC65i
    Center - Polk CSi3
    Rears - Polk RC55i
    Sub - Rocket ELT-1 SW-10

The bad thing is I have never heard the Yamaha hooked up to the Polks. Since I am going inwall I am not sure where I could even listen to the polks in some sort of surround sound setup. I have also never heard the Rocket ELT, but have seen good things on this board in regards to them. Please leave comments if this sounds like it may be a good package, or suggest something that I can swap out to get the most bang for the buck within my limit.

Also, this is probably a dumb question and hope I do not get flamed, but does the Rocket ELT-1 Sub come in any color other than the cherry?

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I'm pushing Polk speakers (RTi8s & CSi3) with a Yamaha receiver. I think both go well together. In regards to your use of those particular in-wall speakers, I can't comment, though. I'm not sure how they sound.

My past experience with in-wall speakers led me to building some cabinets out of MDF and changed them to an on-wall configuration. The sound was quite a bit different (and better) once I got the in-wall speakers mounted into the MDF cabinets.

3. Frank.Ch

Frank.Ch Agent

Hi Matt, I think I went through nearly the same process as you. I ended up buying Klipsch package from Best Buy for $1900, including the 5760 receiver. You can see my thread about home theater set up. My room is not set up for in-wall speakers, so I had to go with bookshelf speakers.

Good luck. I am waiting for the subwoofer and center channel to arrive this week.