1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

POssible to have a BAD speaker and receiver combo?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle_Y, Nov 18, 2001.

1. Kyle_Y

Kyle_Y Stunt Coordinator

I have a Definitive surround and center setup with ADS towers upfront. No one has mentioned using Onkyo receivers with Definitive speakers so I am a little concerned. I will not be able to listen to the receiver I buy before I buy it, and I will not be able to swithc brands after I buy it, so do you think I could be sevearly disappointed with an Onkyo 696/797 and Definitve and ADS setup? I jsut don't want to find that the receivers with great numbers on paper don't work with my speakers. Anyone know if Onkyo/Definitive/ADS is ok, and if it is possible to get junk sound from two reasonably good companies put together ie Onkyo and Definitive?

2. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

Hello,
    I am running Def Tech surrounds with my Onkyo 898 and they sound great. I have never found a speaker (outside of very hight end) that a good Onkyo receiver couldn't handle wonderfully. You will have plenty of power and the Onkyo will not color the music coming from your speakers.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    ------------------
    My Homepage