What's new

POssible to have a BAD speaker and receiver combo? (1 Viewer)

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Definitive surround and center setup with ADS towers upfront. No one has mentioned using Onkyo receivers with Definitive speakers so I am a little concerned. I will not be able to listen to the receiver I buy before I buy it, and I will not be able to swithc brands after I buy it, so do you think I could be sevearly disappointed with an Onkyo 696/797 and Definitve and ADS setup? I jsut don't want to find that the receivers with great numbers on paper don't work with my speakers. Anyone know if Onkyo/Definitive/ADS is ok, and if it is possible to get junk sound from two reasonably good companies put together ie Onkyo and Definitive?

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Hello,
I am running Def Tech surrounds with my Onkyo 898 and they sound great. I have never found a speaker (outside of very hight end) that a good Onkyo receiver couldn't handle wonderfully. You will have plenty of power and the Onkyo will not color the music coming from your speakers.
Thanks,
Jeff
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks