Possible to get a replacement box for Disney's Ultimate Toy Box?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jason Garver, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Jason Garver

Jason Garver Stunt Coordinator

I made the mistake of loaning out my Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box and when it was returned the box was nowhere to be found, all I got was a sorry. [​IMG]

I would very much like to find a replacement box. I checked ebay and the boxsets were going for near $100, which I cannot pay for a piece of cardboard. It would also leave me with an extra set of movies with no box.

2. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Supporting Actor

I'd call the toll free number which appears on just about all Disney discs & ask them. I've gotten a couple of inserts & wraps when I got the Canadian bilingual ones from online purchases with no problem.

Then I'd change my loan policy if I were you. I have a couple of friends & family members who I'll loan dvds to (on occasion) but NEVER a high priced or out of print disc which ULT Toy Box qualifies as both.

3. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

They didn't give you the box back? That's some messed up #*$%.

I called Buena Vista - called a number I found online, and got a New Alias 2 box shipped to me for free. I was offering to pay for it and everything. It still hasn't arrived, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Look for a number. Give it a shot. It may be harder cause its such an old title. It isn't OOP is it?

4. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Screenwriter

The person you loaned it to should buy you a new one. I'll loan out anything as long as the loanee realizes he's gotta replace anything he loses/breaks.

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

A suggestion for all. I saved those alpha cases that AOL sent out a year ago with their software. When I lend a disc to someone. I put it in these cases. This way they cannot destroy the case and I know what I have lent out.

6. Jason Garver

I loaned out the movies a year or two ago before I realized how valuable it would become. This event has left a sour taste in my mouth as far as loaning out dvds. I hate how people make me out to be the bad guy for not loaning them a movie now. Non DVD collectors just dont understand how expensive these things are.

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

You're not a Blockbuster. And why should it be your duty to provide them with free entertainment?

8. Jason Garver

Thank you, I knew someone from this forum would understand.

9. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

I don't wanna be "that" guy, but man some people have no respect for other people's stuff.

10. Rain

Rain Producer

All you want is the clear plastic box?

Email me an offer. I'd sell mine. It's only a box.