Possible to center DSS picture using DSS receiver service mode?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Schwabacher, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Greg Schwabacher

Greg Schwabacher Stunt Coordinator

I just bought a Sony SAT-A55 DSS receiver for use with my Sony KP-53HS10 TV. However, when viewing DirecTV, the picture is slightly off-center compared to what I was seeing with my old RCA DSS receiver. Is there a way to center the picture using some sort of service mode controls in the DSS receiver? I'd like to avoid shifting the image using the TV's service mode because this will make the image off-center for other viewing material (like cable and DVD) and will also force me to reconverge the set.
    ------------------
    Check out my HT pics and my DVD list !
    STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C!

2. KevinW

KevinW Stunt Coordinator

Man, what is it with Sony? I just switched from an old RCA to the Sony T-60 D-Tivo and have the same problem. I hope someone has an answer to this problem. I asked about it on the AVS D-Tivo forum and was informed that many people are experiencing this, but with no info on how to resolve the issue. I hope someone here has an answer!

3. Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual Second Unit

This is a defect! Take it back and get the Panasonic box for the same price. The panasonic will let you view it in 720P as well as 1080i. Sony's cant do that and the upconvert from the sony sucks anyway.
    Just MHO.
    Ozzie

4. Greg Schwabacher

Greg Schwabacher Stunt Coordinator

Oswald-
    Thanks for the words...however, my receiver isn't the high-def model, it's just a standard NTSC one. Even if it were a high-def model, I'd probably be forced to keep the Sony because from what I've read my TV has compatibility issues with other manufacturers' DSS boxes.
    ------------------
    Check out my HT pics and my DVD list !
    STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C!