Possible teaser poster for Mummy 3

Discussion in 'Movies' started by oscar_merkx, Aug 5, 2003.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

2. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

If it is, I'm surprised we haven't heard more about it yet. If Steven Sommers is doing it again, he's going to have to hustle on Van Helsing to get it done by 2004.

3. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    There's no way in hell they can have that movie ready for 2004. Even if Stephen Sommers wasn't involved, the prep on that movie, the shooting and the post couldn't get done if they started right now. I read in an interview with him recently that Sommers is still interested in a third Mummy, as was Brendan Fraser. So, I seriously doubt universal would go ahead without him just because he was unavailable shooting another movie for them. They'll wait for him.

4. Galen_V

Galen_V Second Unit

Do you know where this picture was taken? Because there is no 3 next to the M, as well as all of the reasons above, it could just be an ad for a new ride or attraction or show at one of Universal's themeparks.

5. Karl DeAngelo

That picture was taken at Universal Studios Flordia where they're building a new Mummy ride for 2004, as well as in Hollywood.

6. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Galen's guess is right. It's a teaser for the "Revenge of the Mummy" ride, not a Mummy 3.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/univ...hollywood.html

7. Justin Hargis

Justin Hargis Stunt Coordinator

What a tease. [​IMG] Although a Mummy ride may make way for a third Mummy movie.

I love Stephen Sommers' Mummy movies. I'm very much looking forward to Van Helsing. [​IMG]

8. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

I hope it doesn't turn out like the much hyped "Scorpion King" which IMHO was a waste of film.

9. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    As long as it's like the first film, and has nothing to do with Scorpion King, Mummy 2, or the TV series, I'll be happy.

I wasn't a fan. Can you tell?

10. Hector de leon

Cool, I just got back from Orlando and saw the same ad for the ride. Have you seen how HUGE the building for the ride is!? You can't tell from the pic but just a litle to the left where they have the lame ghostbuster show is a BIG stage where (I'm assuming) the ride is.

[​IMG]

11. Jason F.

Jason F. Stunt Coordinator

Did you like Shrek 4D Hector? The family and I LOVED it! [​IMG]

12. Mike-M

Mike-M Stunt Coordinator

Hector, they are building the Mummy ride in the same building that hosted the King Kong ride.

13. Hector de leon

Jason, I LOVED Shrek 4D! Except the 90 minute wait in line [​IMG] but it was worth it. Mike, your right, that's where Kongfrontation used to be. Kind of sad the kong ride is being replaced, they could of made a new kong ride to coincide with PJ's remake of Kong.

[​IMG]