Possible sound issue with Kids In The Hall Season 2

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Andrew Bunk, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

Just got my Kids In The Hall Season 2 set. In episode 2 on disc 1, from around the 8:00 mark until about 8:25 (when Scott Thompson is talking on the phone), the sound goes all "warbly". I've only gone through the first two episodes so I don't if it happens in later episodes yet.

Has anyone else experienced this? I realize it is very early but I imagine others must have received their sets as well.

Great episodes so far...

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Yes, I checked my copy before I left for Vegas (I'm there now) and there's a sound problem. Apparently there's a problem with the master, but I haven't spoken with Broadway Video about it personally.

I'll post anything I can find out.

Gord

3. George See

George See Second Unit

I haven't received my set yet but i'm guessing i'll have the same problem. Hopefully it is only in that one segment. What a bummer.

4. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Yeah. I noticed that too, but wasn't sure if it was just me or not. Glad to know my mind was not going.[​IMG]

5. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I heard back from Broadway Video and it sounds like it's a problem on every master that exists. They faced the same problem back in '97 and tried to find a good version of the segment and came up empty handed. The voices sound slightly distorted, but it doesn't last for very long.

Gord