What's new

Possible Sony KP53HS10 Problem.... (1 Viewer)

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
I've had my 53HS10 since November, it has a build date of Oct. 2000 and a S/N of 9715787. I had noticed on laser discs played on my Pioneer CLD-D704 that I was seeing a bleeding of a dark image on one side of the screen across the screen on a light background. Example: on the LD The Santa Clause where they are sitting in the judges waiting room talking about when they stopped believing in Santa. The Mom is sitting with her back to a window with a black border. This window is on a white wall and you can see a faint dark line bleeding across the white wall from that border. I thought it was a problem with my LD player and this morning I put the LD version of VE in the check out some test patterns and could see a bleeding dark line in the Snell & Wilcox test pattern. Next I tried the same thing on my Sony LD Player hooked to my Panasonic 31" Superflat and did not see the lines. While fooling around with the 53 I put the DVD version in of VE and imagine my horror when I saw the same lines with the DVD.
eek.gif
I've never seen the lines in a DVD movie like I have in LD but have seen something like this in cable. I always thought it was lousy cable but now I'm starting to wonder. On some cable broadcasts you can see a white object on one side of the screen bleed all the way across to the other side. On venetian blinds on a day shot the streaks go all the way across the wall on the screen. Am I describing this well enough? Has anybody else seen anything like this? Sorry for the long post but I really wanted to explain this and try and get some answers. Any help is appreciated... :)
Thanks
Jim
PS. My DVD player is A Sony DVP-C670D Non-Progressive.
------------------

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
Well I posted this to the wrong section
confused.gif

Can somebody move it to the TV and Rear Projection section for me? Sorry about that
blush.gif

Thanks
Jim
------------------

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
It sounds like the Horizontal Banding problem that Sony owners have seen. The only difference is it only was supposed to happen with a progressive player (480p) signal.
You might want to also post this over at
Link Removed
This forum is specific to Sony HS10's
Pete
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks