What's new

Possible release of FF 1-3? (1 Viewer)

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
Man I would love to have this on one PS2 DVD disc. Then I will have all the Final Fantasy's!!!!!!!!! Come on Squaresoft don't stop now!!!!!!!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
[deleted to avoid confusion. I was referring to the U.S. versions of FF 2 & 3, known as FF 4 & 6 in Japan]

-Dave

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Never happen. It would be more profitable for them to remake FF1-3 and release them on separate discs. Besides, they already released them for the Wonderswan Color, and they don't care about America, so we'll probably never see this.

They were remaking FF7-9 for PS2, but they put all 3 projects on hold to make FFX and FFXI and Kingdom Hearts. They were going to be on separate discs.

Square expressed interest in making FF4-6 for GBA, but Nintendo probably won't let them unless they make some games for the GameCube also.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
In that case, they already remade them for PSX. FF4 is in FF Chronicles and FF6 is in FF Anthology. I doubt another remake for PS2, GCN, or XB because you can play them on PS2 and they won't remake them for such powerful consoles without a Dragon Warrior 4 type thing (3-D graphics, a whole makeover) which would be too costly anyway.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I heard about the wonderswan ports-was this just ff1 or all of them. I'd love to see a GBC (or GBA for that matter) port of FF 1-3, if for no other reason than to get ff 2 and 3 here finally (thus rounding out the FF series here).

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
There are things that I want to say, but I won't because I'm not sure it'd be considered kosher. And the Wonderswan ports were supposedly going to be 1-6. I think Square was concerned about wedging the SNES ones onto the WS platform which is why they were looking at the GBA.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Originally, they only announced FF1-3 for WSC. They ported FF4-6 to PSX, and were eying the GBA, but Nintendo is being difficult with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks