What's new

Possible release dates for Batman Begins and The Goblet of Fire (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

That insert is the same in all Warner's HD DVDs since the first release.

That's actually something that is a little annoying. If you look at Universal's insert, every title shown is now out:

Apollo 13
Assault on Precinct 13
The Bourne Supremacy
The Chronicles of Riddick
Cinderella Man
Doom
Jarhead
Serenity
U-571
Van Helsing

By comparison, look at WB's insert. They show:

The Matrix
Terminator 3
Full Metal Jacket
The Perfect Storm
The Shawshank Redemption ................ as "On HD DVD Summer 2006"

and

Batman Begins
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Troy
The Dukes of Hazzard ......................... as "Coming in 2006"

Only two out of those are released.

So of course you can't really complain since summer hasn't even started yet and we have 6 months 'til the end of 2006.

But still, it's frustrating that Universal gave us the titles they showed were coming but WB seems to be dragging it's feet.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Walter, that's nice to hear. Though it is more of a confirmation of what Roger posted here (post #11)

Based on this, it would be nice if the WB at least gave us The Goblet of Fire by the end of the month.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Sean - True enough. I'm just pleased that we will probably be viewing Batman Begins in all of its 1080 glory sooner, rather than later. Really looking forward to seeing this title in HD.

- Walter.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Oh yes. I am very excited to get Batman Begins as soon as possible.

After seeing it in the theater, I watched it once on DVD. I had wanted to watch it again, but I was under the impression that it would be out as one of the first HD DVDs, and I thought I'd rather wait for it in HD before viewing it again.

Then I waited, and waited, and waited. There's always been this sense that it could come out "any time now", so I still haven't watched the DVD again despite it now being mid-June.

It was great to hear Roger say it was being compressed because that really solidified that it is in the process of becoming a "real product" and not just a "planned title". The info you linked us to was even better news which indicated that it is even closer to being ready (as long as these people are sincere).

I wonder if Roger is Cjplay? Possibly, but probably not. Roger had said "it is being compressed" but he didn't make it sound as if he was working on it (though it was just a brief statement). Cjplay said he was the one doing the compression work (along with a few others, I think?).

If this really is two separate people giving similar/related info, then there is all the more reason to keep our fingers crossed that it's close.

While I can't know that any of this kind of info is 100% true, it's enough for me to keep waiting (and waiting) to watch Batman Begins in HD for my next viewing.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I'm also really looking forward to BATMAN BEGINS. But it is a little worrisome that these titles are so delayed on HD DVD.
One of the things that made me buy an HD DVD player(and soon Blu-Ray) was the knowledge that titles like the SUPERMAN 14 disc collection were going to be released simultaneously on SD DVD and High def. I'll be a little disappointed if the regular DVD's on this set in particular come out long before the HD versions, as I've been waiting for the Donner cut of SUPERMAN II and the "lost" footage from SUPERMAN IV for almost twenty years.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
When I tried to save Batman Begins HD to my queue on Blockbuster, it listed it as being released on 6/27. I hope my boss will let me keep his player until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks