What's new

Possible R1 "Murder On The Orient Express" (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
As a freelance editor working out of Elstree Film Studios (where the Star Wars and Indy Jones trilogies, Roger Rabbit, and The Shining etc, were shot) and being a film nut anyway, I always pop in on our film historian and his archive to find out what's going on and to brush up on some history.

Seems this week that he's had Paramount's US offices on the phone with requests for any info/paperwork on the 1970s Agatha Christie movie adaptation of Murder On The Orient Express, starring Albert Finney as Hercule Poirot, which also filmed at Elstree.

Though I am more of a fan of Peter Ustinov's later Poirot films (available through Anchor Bay) I thought some people here might be pleased to know that an SE for this film is in the making for a 30th Anniversary edition next year.
From a poster at another Forum. I hope that this turns out to be true. I already own a R4 version of the film.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Well, I know Murder was on Paramount's 2003 poll, for possible extras, last year. The majority of the votes were for Captain Kronos, Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell, and this. Since the Hammer films have commentaries, it wouldn't surprize me if something was done for this.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
ALL I want to know is "WHY DID IT TAKE SOOOOOOOOO
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG" ??
What is the hold up with all of these great catalouge
titles, and they release sooooooooooooooooo
much GARBAGE on DVD ??
Think of all the UNRELEASED GREAT CLASSICS STILL NOT
ON DVD ?????????

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
One man's Garbage is another man's High Art.

I am thrilled if the news about Orient proves to be correct, just as thrilled as I am about the Hammers. :) For my money, Finney and Suchet are the best Poirots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks