Possible problems with 4805?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Nick_S, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Nick_S

Nick_S Auditioning

I just recently purchased an IF 4805, which is my first pj. I've noticed that on the left side of the projected image there is a dull white line that runs vertically for the entire length of the image. The line is butted up directly against the image, and it actually passes the image and continues into the top and bottom borders (if I'm in 4:3 mode for instance). Is this normal? I bought it at Costco so swapping it out would be no problem. Also, how nice of a power splitter should I use to plug this thing in, or should I go directly into the wall (undesirable for me right now)? I'm running it through a decent splitter and I occasionally spot white lines that run horizontally along the very top of the image. I need to try some other splitters but I figured I'd ask your opinions.

Thanks!!

Nick

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Could it be your source? Try playing a 4:3 DVD and see if you get the same thing. Digital cable from Comcast always gives me this annoying jitter at the very top 2 lines of video.

3. Nick_S

Nick_S Auditioning

It happens on all sources, but thanks for the reply. Do you have the vertical line I mentioned?

4. Nick_S

Nick_S Auditioning

Bump