1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible problem with receiver..any ideas?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_Black, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Mike_Black

Mike_Black Extra

Hey there everyone....I have a Pioneer vsx-d608 and I received a new Sub today and am having a horrible time trying to get it to work. Sorry, but I am a little new around here, hope that's not a problem [​IMG] I have tried every which way to connect this thing, but I cannot get sound out of it during dolby 5.1 or DTS output. I tried a normal audio cd and the sub works fine. My receiver is a vxs-d608, with one sub pre out. I have tried connecting this to the LFE input, the Left, the Right, also used a 'Y' splitter into both left and right, and no go. Any ideas? The volume is up, power is on, sub is turned on in receiver menu....
    [​IMG]
    MIke

2. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

In some receivers you have to specifically "turn the sub on" for each type of input. You may have it turned on for stereo, but not for DD and DTS. Check your manual very carefully...