What's new

Possible player specific problem with Down Periscope (1 Viewer)

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Well Ive waited years for this to come out and now it wont play without a glitch on my Panasonic RP56. Which is bizarre because I bought a copy of the laserdisc off ebay and it had a glitch during the whale calls scene. Maybe im not meant to own this on disc. Here is the deal. I bought it yesterday and tried to watch it last night and during the interview between Dodge and the general he says "what have I done that the Navy wants to embarass me in this way" or something like that. Then it gets all pixalated for about he next 10 seconds of the movie. So its not late so after trying to play it on the old Toshiba in the bedroom and having it play just fine I pack the disc up (hey its got to play in the main player, all of my 400 other discs play without a hitch)and take it back to the store and get another copy and bring it home and it has the same problem at the exact same place on the disc. There were no marks on either disc so I figure it has to be a manufacturing error that maybe the Panasonic cant get past. Anyway does anyone else have a problem with this disc? I'd like to here from people with different player but especially Panasonic owners. Thanks

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Speaking of this film, was there that much demand for it? It's been in DVDEmpire's top ten (sometimes as #1) for a while, and it's currently #64 at Amazon. Not bad for a $10 catalog release. Am I missing something?

Alan_Hoxie

Auditioning
Andrew Bunk,
If you have never seen "Down Periscope", then I strongly urge you to watch it. It is one of the funniest films I have ever seen! Seriously...RENT or BUY it as fast as you can!!!

Alan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks