Possible line up of THPS 3 songs.....I am disappointed:

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelley_B, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

What’s the Matter with Parents Today, NOFX
    Summer, Sum 41
    Wish, Alien Ant Farm
    Who’s on Your Side, Pennywise
    Follow, Drowning Pool
    B.O.B. , Outkast
    New World Order, Onesidezero
    Infest, Papa Roach
    Pepper, Millencolin
    Questions, Hometown Hero
    Melt Me Down, Pressure 4-5
    Cut Chemist Suite, Ozomatli
    Headup, Deftones

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Any game with a Primus song is bound to be good.
    -Andre F
    ------------------
    -= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

3. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

I have been disappointed with every single game soundtrack ever since they started licensing songs. One song each on THPS 1 and 2 were tolerable, but I seriously disliked all of the other tracks. I like how you can edit the playlist on GT3; I have Kickstart My Heart as the only song, and it plays over and over and over....I'm still not sick of it. It's the only licensed song in any video game I've ever liked (except for the Motley Crue pinball game- anyone remember that one?).

4. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Personally, the only games ever to do licensed songs right are the wipEout trilogy, and even then not all versions got the same songs. PC users were subjected to dull random cheap stuff, but the (at least UK) Playstation releases had great soundtracks. I don't know a many racing games (maybe only Geoff Crammond's F1GP games, as you wouldn't want music in them) that aren't immesurably improved by putting their soundtracks on instead.
    Mind you, I'm a big Underworld fan, so I would think that...
    (edit) ps. I feel so old; I've only even heard of about three of that list for Tony Hawks 3. But then the very first thing I did with it was turn off the music on that game.
    [Edited last by Iain Lambert on September 21, 2001 at 04:59 AM]

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I guess I will just have to keep the tradition of playig THPS to my own music, which I did on 2 and 3, but 1 actually had tracks that I like on it.
    wipEout is known for its music. I personally think wipEout XL has THE best game soundtrack, hell I even bought the CD. I saw the placeholders that they are using for wipEout Fusion, disappointed with them also, hopefully they won't be the real tracks.

6. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Kelley, do you have that list? I'd be pretty interested. I have to say though, I've got a really bad feeling about Fusion all round. Its basically another team, and most importantly of all there is no Designers Republic! The very thought of not having the Gods of Sheffield involved is simply _wrong_.
    --
    Without my DR I am nothing.
    [Edited last by Iain Lambert on September 21, 2001 at 11:35 AM]

7. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

This is great news to me. I loved the soundtracks for 1 & 2, and now they are finally releasing an actual soundtrack CD.
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List