possible laptop screen problems?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff R., Apr 15, 2002.

1. Jeff R.

Jeff R. Stunt Coordinator

My Compaq laptop is about a year and a half old and I have not had any problems with it. Over the last couple days, the left side of the screen is developing a red tint. It has been getting worse too. Does anybody know what could be causing this? Am I going to need to get the screen replaced?

2. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I assume you didn't get an extended warranty. Unfortunately, the screen will probably need to be replaced. I work at a firm with over 200 laptop users and it's a problem I've seen a handful of times. In all instances, the display needed to be replaced.

3. Jeff R.

Jeff R. Stunt Coordinator

Luckily, I did get an extended warranty so it should be covered. I just don't like dealing with tech support but it looks like I don't have much of a choice. My main concern is that this laptop is crucial for my business so being without it for more than a day is going to be very frustrating. Hopefully, they will be willing to send a replacement while they fix this one but I don't know if that is part of the extended warranty.

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

If you don't have to ship it out for service, see if the repair center can order the replacement and let you keep the computer until the display gets in. Installing a new display is not a week-long project.