What's new

Possible John doe origin explanation.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I read this at www.aint-it-cool-news.com So take it with a grain of salt.

Some cool stuff learned from the Fox presentation for the ongoing TCA tour:

1. There was a plan with “John Doe,” but it may have been a stupid plan. “When you're very close to death, when you're seeing the white light, God or a higher being gives you all the information of life to carry on to the next life," said Fox network entertainment president Gail Berman about what the show’s producers had in mind. The John Doe guy almost died, and that’s why he knew everything. Others knew what had happened to him, and didn’t want John Doe to figure it out. For some reason.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really doubt that, considering it makes absolutely no sense in light of what came prior.

P.S. It's AICN, which as a rule is approximately 95% wrong.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It was definately uttered by a Fox Television exec, I think it was Gail Berman.

I frankly think it was quite nice of her to resolve the mystery of a show they had no intention of continuing instead of leaving us hanging

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
But it makes no sense. Lots of people have had near death experiences, but they don't know everything. And it doesn't explain the tatoo, or the psychic stuff or the whole Pheonix thing. And just because a Fox exec said it doesn't make it true. If it were one of the showrunners then I'd... think they were on crack and it was good the show was cancelled before they had a chance to embarrass themselves. As it is: nope.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I take it as only an explination for one part of the show: where Doe gets his knowledge from. There still is a lot of stuff in the show that doesn't get explained: Who Doe is, why was he on that island, what the brand is, etc. Still plenty of stuff not explained.

Jason

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Also, don't forget when Doe's implant in his chest got zapped by electricity in one of the later episodes, and became normal again until another zap got his implant device working again, and he vision went back to black-n-white (with exception to certain things/people) and knowing everything.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Patrick, you beat me to it. I wish I had seen this thread yesterday. Doe's increased (and decreased) abilities are definitely a result of the implant, given everything that has happened up to now.

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
Well,

theoretically the implant could've been put in by the Phoenix organization to try and ascertain how it was that he knew so much - how they could maybe replicate his "talents" into others.

While the near-death explanation seems faulty, and I don't agree with it, it could be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks