What's new

Possible Friday dinner for DIY 2002 - Atlanta? (1 Viewer)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I will be getting to Atlanta late afternoon on Friday, as I'm sure others will be too. Does anyone feel like heading out Friday night? Something like a pre-DIY meet dinner outing might be fun in order to get to know each other. Just an idea. Anyone interested?

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
I just found out I'm going to have to work Saturday afternoon, so was hoping the out-of-towners would be 'doing' a Friday night dinner. At best I can only be there Saturday morning for a couple of hours.

This also needs to be posted on the DIY site so all the others can see it.

GM

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Hey Dan,
That sounds good but, I think I might be arriving in ATL late though. I'm going to leave here by 3:00 PM which puts me in ATL ~ 9:00 pm. That might be a little late for dinner. Keep the list updated & I'll try to duck out even earlier :)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Keep the list updated & I'll try to duck out even earlier
Well Chris, so far it seems to be you me and Greg. :) I guess I should have come up with the idea a bit earlier to allow for more planning. Oh well, some other time. I'm sure there will be a few obvious enthusiasts that could band together to go out though.

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
Post it on the Atla DIY2002 list since most of the folks who plan to attend don't post/lurk here. I just found out I may have to do speaker assembly for the Rolling Stones concert on Friday, and it will drag late into the evening I'm sure, so I may not be able to make it either. :frowning:
GM

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Yeah, the idea did come up pretty late in the game. I think i'll be getting there around 7pm. With the short notice I guess it we'll just play it by ear.

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
I decided the $$ wasn't worth the hassle of doing a big R&R 'circus maximus' AND miss all the audio fun, so communicated with Jim Griffin (Linus arrays) earlier today and we're planning to 'do' dinner with any others who arrive in time (I'm guessing 8ish, but we're flexible) are welcome to join us. The more the merrier I say! :D
We're also planning to get a headstart on a few speaker comparisons since I have to work Saturday afternoon/evening.
GM

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Greg,
8ish where? In the lobby of the hotel? I should be able to get there by then as I live just up the road in Charlotte. Getting an early start sounds like fun as well. See you Friday night. Chris, think you'll be able to get out a little earlier to make it by 8? Or could you rent a Ferrari for the ride up? ;)

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
-
"Or could you rent a Ferrari for the ride up"
-

This implies speed, speed = tickets. This is funny B/C I just got out of traffic school. You know the 4 hour course you take to keep the points off your license. :b Whoops... No major speeding this trip.... Hmmm......OK, nothing over 80..............

Dan, YGM too.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I doubt I'll be able to make it to the dinner but we'll see. I'm really excited about Saturday though! Greg, you think my dad and I can still run by your place quickly before you head out to work Saturday afternoon?

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
DH,
Good Question. When you get in, if there's no message for you at the desk call Jim Griffin's room to see if we're there. If not, ask which rooms are reserved for the Atla DIY2002 meet and see if we're there. Offically, the rooms aren't available till 7:30am Saturday, but IIRC someone mentioned that they were available Friday night last year. If you still can't find us, try my house. 770-457-7730.
BB:
It's not looking good since I want to cram as much as I can into the time I have available, so let's play it by ear. ;)
GM

Users who are viewing this thread