What's new

Possible flash/cookies problem? (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
I've noticed for a while that I've had problems accessing certain parts of websites. I first noticed this on Pogo, in that none of the ads would load, and I couldn't get the games to work.

On another site that required flash, when they tested my system, it said that I didn't have a current version of flash. So, I went and downloaded the latest version of it. Parts of the site still give me an error that says that "the plugin that the application tried to download failed" or something similar.

Can anyone help me out? I've played with the settings a little, to no avail. I'm using the latest version of IE.

Ike

Screenwriter
Can anyone help me out here? Here's a list of websites that I'm having problems with:

Pogo-Ads won't load, so the games never load.

DL.com-Movie Lunch with Lynch 5 won't work. Says that the application couldn't be downloaded. I've played other Lunch with Lynch specials. I fail the Flash Test at the front, despite downloading it, and it working on Flash's site.

The Onion-Some of the ads mid-way from the page won't load. When clicking over to the A/V Club, ads won't load.

IGN-None of the in between ads load.

I don't care about ads, but I want to watch Lunch with Lynch and play the games on Pogo. Cookies are enabled. I've monkied with my security settings to no avail. A while back I found a bunch of files in my Temp folder in a Temporary Internet Files folder (not the Temporary Internet Files folder). I deleted them, and think that maybe have contributed to the problems.

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks