What's new

Possible defective 24 disc (1 Viewer)

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
I just got season 2 of 24 on DVD. On disc 3 on the 3rd episode 6pm-7pm the first half of the episode pauses and pixelates pretty bad on my Pioneer DVC503. I then tried it on a phillips DVP642 and on my dvd rom drive on my computer and it played fine with no problems. Is it possible for dvd rot (or whatever its called) to show up earlier on some dvd players or could this just be a firmware problem on my pioneer as its almost 3 years old. Also, how good is 20th Centery Fox at replacing defective discs (as compared to Anchor Bay).

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
I just got season 2 of 24 on DVD. On disc 3 on the 3rd episode 6pm-7pm the first half of the episode pauses and pixelates pretty bad on my Pioneer DVC503. I then tried it on a phillips DVP642 and on my dvd rom drive on my computer and it played fine with no problems. Is it possible for dvd rot (or whatever its called) to show up earlier on some dvd players or could this just be a firmware problem on my pioneer as its almost 3 years old. Also, how good is 20th Centery Fox at replacing defective discs (as compared to Anchor Bay).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks