What's new

Possible casting for the New Wonder Woman movie?... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have read that Warner has decided actress/model/playmate Victoria Silvstedt is going to be the next Wonder Woman. Supposedly she has started taking acting lessons and weight training. She looks the part, but can she act? Does anyone know anything more about this??

http://www.aclasscelebs.com/victorias/gallery1.htm

Here are some pics...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ugh. tons of guys will go to see this for the T & A.
unlikely that the actual acting will be very good.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Would you prefer Nia Varda? I'm starting to think that the success of a few comic book movies will lead to a huge decline in quality of the genre, just so that the studios can make a few bucks off of X-Men and Spider-Man. Daredevil isn't looking so hot, and I've got my doubts about how well Wonder Woman would work. If it wasn't Ang Lee directing Hulk, I'd be worrying about that too.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Actually Don these movies have been in the planning stages for quite some time.

I dont think Superman and sequel,Dick Tracy,The Rocketeer,Spiderman,Conan The Barbarian or Ghost World "Suck".

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
You didn't think Dick Tracy sucked? :)

We're not talking cinematic wonders here, we are talking thoughtless entertainment for the masses.

By the way, I thought superman was brutal and Spiderman was full of kicks but none of these are Lawrence of Arabia, by any stretch.

Of course, IMO.

I do think Wonder Woman could be fun though.

Rob T

Screenwriter
who cares? they all suck equally. they're comic books! but they're fun and they kill 120 minutes.
I disagree.
comic book are most excellent when done right.
when done wrong, you get crap, like Batman & Robin.

And I wouldn't want Spider-man to be like Lawrence of Arabia because that just wouldn't be true to the spirit of the comic. :)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Linda carter at least looked like she might plausibly be Greek.

I'd like to see Marina Sirtis as Hippolyta.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Monica Bellucci is a nice choice (provided she could pull off the physical aspects of the role). She looks more Italian than Greek. I'm not all that insistent that that actress playing WW be Greek looking, just tall, Amazonian, and pretty.

Lucy Lawless would be a lock, but I think she's tired of the whole Xena/Warrior Princess schtick.

Victoria Silvstedt would "look" great as a brunette in the WW costume, but I have severe misgivings on her acting abilities.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Lucy Lawless would be 35 by the time they started shooting, which may make her to old to start the Wonder Woman franchise. Same objection to Laura Elena Harring, who would be 39. I have nothing against Wonder Woman being that age. It just doesn't seem like a good way to start.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I always thought beach vollyballer Gabrielle Reese would be good for the Wonder Woman role, at least in looks. Again, the acting thing begs to be asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks