Possible Box Art for Charmed Season Four?!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by TimothyO, Nov 6, 2005.

1. TimothyO

TimothyO Agent

I found this image..

.gif][​IMG]

Over at www.thepowerofcharmed.com - I'm pretty confident that this is the box art we can expect for the season four release. Even though it says it's for the international release.. the previous international releases have been the same one's we've gotten.

I like the box.

P.S.. They're also offering a boxed case with all four seasons in the UK. I wonder if they'll be doing that here in the states. Doesn't really make sense since there are 8 seasons in the whole series and not 4.

[​IMG]

2. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

actually, a nice box set of seasons 1-4 is fine with me. Season 4 is where my collection stops (yes, I know Shannen leaves at the end of 3, but 4 was still of the quality of the first three years), while season 6 had it's moments, seasons 5-7 aren't anything I want to revisit, and season 8 is just bad so far.

3. John*D

John*D Second Unit

Thanks for the pic. I plan on getting all the season sets.

4. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    The pic looks good to me too... hopefully we will get the same... I still love the show... and will definately get all seasons! [​IMG]

5. ravma

ravma Stunt Coordinator

6. TimothyO

TimothyO Agent

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

7. Pete Battista

Pete
    tvshowsondvd.com posted the artwork for season 4! [​IMG]

Charmed: Season 4 Coverart

Looks great! pretty much the same as the one in the first post here. I can't wait! [​IMG]

8. LindseyS

LindseyS Stunt Coordinator

9. Pete Battista

Pete
    don't know if I care for the green in that one... though I wouldn't mind either.. and must say... Paige looked great with red hair! [​IMG]

10. TimothyO

TimothyO Agent

Does anyone else have a problem with the season three slims cases? When I first opened up the first and second cases.. the whole things that keep the discs in their place broke all apart. I didnt even do anything but open it.

They need to make those things more sturdy.

11. LindseyS

12. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Lindsey, they got that from Amazon.co.uk (Britain/R2), who had it ages ago. I know because we've been getting e-mails from folks forever pointing it out to us, telling us we should ignore our own "R1 only" policy and post that art, despite that fact that Charmed - Season 3 demonstrates that the package art isn't always the same between regions. [​IMG]

13. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

Thats minimal change, but in favor of the US people.

The R2/4 release has a plain spine - while the US has a background. Its sad but that makes me want to throw out my copy.

14. David Lambert

Rory, are you talking about Charmed - Season 3 only having a difference in the spine? That's not the case (no pun intended).

USA art:
    [​IMG]

German art:
    [​IMG]

15. LindseyS

I hadn't seen the season 6 cover art posted anywhere else, not even Amazon.co.uk, only season 5. I know that was R2 cover art, but since the only season that R1 and R2 have had different cover art for was season 3, I figured that I'd post it and preface it with "possible." [​IMG]

16. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

anyone know when season 5 is expected in the US? Season 4 is the last "must have" season but I might budge and get seasons 5 and 6 anyways. I just asked that because I know how fast it's being rushed in Region 2, and until now, they seem to be releasing the previous season in R1 the same time the following season is out in R2 (season 4 is coming out here the same week season 5 comes out in R2, same with season 3 came out here when season 4 came out in R2), but with Season 6 coming out in R2 on April 3, there's no way in hell we're getting season 5 out here that fast.

17. David Lambert

Jay, that hasn't been announced yet. We're trying to get the info ASAP, though. We know that Paramount is scoping out both S5 and S6 right now for Region 1, but there's nothing firm about their plans yet. I'd guess on June for S5, but that's just a Scientific Wild-Assed Guesstimate ("SWAG"). If that happens, then maybe S6 in the Fall, maybe around Halloween.

18. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Jay,

I agree. I would definately be stopping by Season 6 as well. I might even stop after Season 4.

I don't think I ever saw Season 5 for some reason so I might pick that up. Does Cole leave during Season 4 or 5?

19. Pete Battista

Pete
    I guess I am one of the few and far between on this board... as I am still enjoying every episode... including the new episodes of Season 8... and I will buy every season they see fit to release! [​IMG]

Ryan...
    Cole's last episode... was the 100th episode... so that would be season 5. He returned for a single episode in... I think it was season 7?

20. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

season 5 was probably the weakest season period, though it had it's moments. The main problem with season 5 is that very openly, they started tackling scripts that Shannen Doherty rejected when she was on the show because she felt it was beneath the show, the bulk of the season were fantasy and mythic storylines done in a fairy tale way. I would stop after season 4 but IMO, season 6 was a very strong return to form for the series and I am gonna get season 5 just because I'd look strange skipping a season and then getting season 6. But seasons 7 and 8, I have no desire to get on DVD, the show really was past its day by that time.