Possible 'Bewitched' release date?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David*P, Feb 24, 2004.

1. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    This was posted on the message board at www.harpiesbizarre.com, the best Bewitched website:

I was going to go to the library and see if I could find this issue of Daily Variety but I thought maybe one of you may have a subscription to this mag and could find it before I do.

I find it an odd date simply because the Bewitched movie is reported to be released on that date and I would think that Sony would want to promote the movie via promos on the DVDs about a month or so before they release the movie.

Anyway, if anyone has the 1/30/04 edition of Daily Variety, if you could check that out, I would appreciate it.[​IMG]

2. Michael St. Clair

Also would like any news about whether the early seasons are in b&w (the R2 discs are colorized).

3. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

That's the date of the movie, not the DVD set. They got a bit excited and confused the two. We had someone email us the same thing earlier today and Dave responded. Here's his response....

Gord

4. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    Thanks for posting that Gord.

It was actually I who had asked the question via your website. After I sent my message I thought of posting on this site too because I'm able to access the internet from work but not my email....I appreciate your and Dave Lambert's quick response times.

This actually isn't bad news considering that the DVDs would be released before the movie and so that places it in May or June of next year rather than July.

5. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

It would probably be close to the same date so people covering the movie would also mention the TV show coming out. They don't want to do it too early or the set won't get mentioned as much.

Gord