What's new

Possibility of WB doing a 2-disc SE of BONNIE AND CLYDE? (1 Viewer)

Carrol

Agent
I was recently looking over the news of the just announced CASABLANCA 2-disc that's due on August 5th. It got me to wondering if there is a chance that a film like say BONNIE AND CLYDE would stand a chance of getting the 2-disc, slip case treatment from Warner Brothers?

After all, all of the principles are still alive (Beatty, Dunaway and Penn).

Anyone heard any rumblings on this?

Jason

Real Name
Anthony
I've heard nothing about this, Jason, but I can't think why.BONNIE AND CLYDE is justifiably acknowledged as a landmark in American cinema, and the early involvement of Francois Truffaut is an interesting story. The BBC made a really excellent documentary on the making of BONNIE AND CLYDE a few years back and this alone would make for a really satisfying supplement.

Roderick Gauci

Stunt Coordinator
Ever since Warners started issuing these 2-Disc Special Editions, I’ve been waiting for an eventual announcement that Arthur Penn’s ground-breaking masterpiece is going to be given this well-deserved “full treatment”. Unfortunately, I’m still waiting…

Luckily, I don’t have the current bare-bones DVD edition but I’ve gone through two copies on VHS already (pre-record tape in full-screen and later an original in Widescreen)! Although I’ve yet to pick up a lot of those 2-Disc SEs myself – SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN (1952), GIANT (1956), THE RIGHT STUFF (1983), ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA (1984), THE MISSION (1986), UNFORGIVEN (1992) – I think it’s safe for me to say that if ever BONNIE AND CLYDE (1967) were to be released in this way, I’d purchase it before any of them!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I too have always thought Bonnie and Clyde to be an excellent choice for a Warner Bros. 2-disc Speacial Edition.

And while I am throwing out suggestions, how about Cool Hand Luke.

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
It's a great idea. I have no clue if it's in the works, but it's a great idea.

One possible extra could be AMC's "Backstory" episode, which did feature new interviews with all the main players, including Beatty and Dunaway.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I think there's supposed to be a chat with WB soon - maybe we can inquire as to the planned schedule of some of these 2-disc SEs and if perhaps B&C is one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks