What's new

Possibility of Murder, She Wrote on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
With all the news of Universal releasing a lot more TV product to DVD in the near future, do you think the television classic, "Murder, She Wrote" starring Angela Lansbury will make it to DVD? It is still very popular, being a staple of the A&E daytime programming for many years airing 2 episodes daily, with a new TV movie every so often on CBS. It was released in compilations by Columbia House on video several years ago, so maybe they might release it? In the bonus features department, I would like to see the original "Tonight, on Murder, She Wrote" re-instated at the begining of each episode, and commentaries/interviews from Angela. Either way, I'd just love to have this classic favourite preserved on DVD so I can enjoy it for years to come!

Andy

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Definitely a fan of this show. I think my mother would love to have these as well. She stil catches them on reruns.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Although I'm defintely not in the primary target demographic (I'm a young male), I do enjoy this mystery show. I would buy this on DVD.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Thanks so much for the heads up on "Murder, She Wrote," Dave! Along with the recent news of "The Golden Girls", I am one very happy camper! Thanks again, Dave! Your updates really keep me in the loop like no other and has become my Bible for TV on DVD!

Andy

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I thought there would have been an announcement for Murder, She Wrote with the recent news of Miami Vice out in February. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

Andy

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Which one are you all going to get the Time-Life or Universal set? I think I'm going to wait like Dave, and get the Universal set. Hopefully there will be some special features. Can't wait! :)

Andy

--

Murder, She Wrote - Mystery Solved! Jessica *IS* on DVD in '04...just not from Universal!
Posted by David Lambert
12/05/2004

Back in August we assured you that Murder, She Wrote would be on DVD before 2004 ended, according to a trailer that Universal distributed on a promo disc given to Best Buy customers for certain purchases. Since then there has been no word on the matter from Universal on this series, or certain others that were mentioned on the same trailer. The rumors are that all were pushed back to early 2005 timeframes, but Universal has said nothing official on the matter.

However, reader Ed Varner has spotted an exclusive offer to purchase the entire 1st season of the show - the 2-hour pilot telefilm and all 21 episodes - through a direct-sale vendor and possibly have it arrive in time for Christmas. Who's selling it? Time-Life!

"Why it took so long is the only mystery - Murder, She Wrote - The Complete 1st Season is now available on DVD! Don't miss one whodunit starring Angela Lansbury and all those famous guests, including Milton Berle. You get the first 21 episodes plus the 2-hour movie that started it all! This award-winning series was TV's highest-rated drama for nine years. Thanks to this 3-DVD set, it'll be your favorite again for years to come!

This is a TimeLife.com exclusive. The Murder, She Wrote series on DVD is not available in stores until March 2005. Why wait till next year? Order today!"

The 3-DVD set (presumably double-sided, dual-layer-on-each-side) sells for $38.97 according to their website. It shows as being "released", but if you go to put the item in your shopping cart then Time-Life states it is currently "backordered". Still, they might get these back in soon enough to have them as a gift for the holidays.

On the other hand, I myself will probably just wait for the in-store releases. While my own previous purchases with Time-Life have gone smoothly, I was afterward subject to their very agressive phone marketing techniques, getting solicitation call after solicitation call from Time-Life despite promises (first from the caller, then from supervisors) to remove my name from the list. If you don't mind such things, then this isn't a concern. However, I myself will wait for the March 2005 general release and grab it at the discounted price that Amazon will surely offer. Stay tuned, and we'll bring you word about that in the days or weeks to come, as Universal's March slate is already in the process of being announced.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2542

All news for this show:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=2911

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to know it's there. Like you, David, I will probably wait for the general release of this show in March 2005. Discounted from the already-bargain price of $40, that's sure to be a proverbial steal! :)

Now, where's Matlock, Quincy ME, and In the Heat of the Night? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks