What's new

Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom (1 Viewer)

PatrickL

Deceased Member
I remembered it being a cut above the usual made-for-cable fare about ten years ago. As it turns out, it's even funnier and more cynical than I remembered, with a revelatory performance by Holly Hunter that, in my humble opinion, is her career best.

The disc was just recently released by HBO Home Video but it doesn't seem that anyone has reviewed it.

Anyone else get this?

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
Well I HAD to get it- this is one of my favorite films. I grew up in that area and did community theater so I had a lot of experience with yuppie suburban Houston stage moms. This movie absolutely nails the place and the people with a savage perfection, and it's really really funny to boot! The scene with Beau Bridges and Holly Hunter in the truck discussing the crime has to be one of the most natural-sounding dialogue scenes I've ever seen.

BTW- Holly Hunter won an Emmy for this one the same year she won her Oscar, but honestly this is the better of the two performances.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks