What's new

Positioning? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
Well im not shure if i spelt that right but anywaayz, i am installing a ib and right now i have an old pair of 12's im putting in with 80wrms each. I am making the box big enough so i can make holes for 15's later. I was wondering if it matters what side of the room its on? would it be best to be between my mains or more twardss one side? it would be more convinient to have it right behind my left main also the cube would have eaquall sides for2 more 15's after i get the other ones in case there not enough. But if i put it in the middle i can only have 2 15's because the studs are only 13" apart dont aske me why but can someone tell me what the best position would be and if i put it to the side will it make more bass on that side?
Kevin

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
If you had access to a normal box sub, you could probably move it around the room near the potential IB locations to give you a rough idea.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
You don't need to make a cube to add extra drivers. You can make a rectangle.

Look at Kevin U's design, he's got two drivers on each side. Just turn it upright and mount it between the studs.

Location is best tested by putting an existing sub in the listening position. Then going to the spot where you want to locate the IB and listen to the quality of the bass. If it sounds good, then a IB located there will work fine

Kevin Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanx for the replys do you think 2 dayton ib will be enoghf with a 250W amp in the room i like my music at moderate volumes and movies kinda loud? Also does anyone have a graph or something showing output and different freaquencys?
Kevin

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member

That's sort of dependent on the amount of room gain you get. A rough idea of the output minus room gain, can be created using a box modeling program, with a very very large sealed box model

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
I have 2 Daytom IB 15"ers and the PE 250 watt plate amp in a 18'x26' roon and was easily getting 100db's at 18hz at the listening position. If that is not enough then you are probably younger than me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks