What's new

Poseidon HD-DVD hits the market with Dolby TrueHD (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
From HighDef-Digest:

Hopefully, this is one of many to come from Warner.

Shaun

Second Unit
I picked this up on Tuesday and will be hopefully watching it tonight. Looks like they decided not to give us the "Director's Cut" as originally planned. They also decided to not make this a combo DVD/HD-DVD Disc, though at Best Buy, it was still priced as if it was.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

my price was changed on amazon order......

Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com LLC):
1 Poseidon (Combo HD DVD and... $19.95 1 $19.95
1 The Mummy Returns $19.95 1 $19.95

Shipped via International Shipping

Marek

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Looks like Peter B was rather impressed with the image/sound on this one. Never saw this in theaters....looks like it's at least worth a rental. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
sound was great image was terrific.
the movie, eh.

i have to say i did enjoy this the second time watching on hd dvd more then the first time on sd dvd.

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Watching this movie a second time on DVD a few months ago made me like it more. As long as you check your brain at the door and just enjoy the ride, you'll find it at least a little bit fun (in an popcorn action flick way).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wish they would put some stuff out that I really want. This thing is a lossless soundtrack in search of a good movie. Where is the good stuff?

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I didn't know they even said anything about a directors cut at anytime. I know they cut out a bunch of character stuff and hopefully good sales from Alenxander will push more Directors cut releases but I dont expect one from this film.

I just watched this the other night in Dobly TrueHD on the new Toshiba HD-A2 and it sounded great, but for some reason I found the bass to be lacking when comparing it to the regular Dolby Digital Plus track. Anyone else have this problem? Strangely I have experienced this problem with the Dolby TrueHD tracks on both Batman Begins and Superman Returns. I have the Toshiba hooked up to a Yamaha RX-V4600 via HDMI; could this be an issue with the HD-A2? I'd definitely prefer to listen to the Dolby TrueHD track but not if it means sacrificing deeper bass to do it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yes turn off dialog enhance.

i almost felt like i needed to turn down the bass

That was one of the first things I did when I set up the player, but just to be sure I went in to the menu and turned the dialog enhancement on, then back off. For some reason that I can't explain this seemed to fix the problem. A definite improvement!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks