What's new

ports and roundovers (1 Viewer)

Rich-R

Grip
I am currently in the design phase of building my first sub. A downward firing av12 with an ebs alignment. The port in the design will need to be 24" long with flares on both ends. The port will be on the bottom as well. I am toying with the idea of using either a premade flared port or making my own via pvc and mdf with a roundover. The only place I could find the port with the required length was precision sound products. I haven't called them so I do not know what the price would be. If I make my own, what radius should the round over be? Thanks Rich.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
There are also companies who sell radiused port ends and
all you do is add PVC Pipe (I think Rockford Fosgate makes
a set of these) also check parts express and see if they
sell just the ends.

As for making the round over into the MDF I think you would
need a 3/4" or larger round over bit.

Rich-R

Grip
Thanks Brett, I checked fosgate's website but could not find any ports listed. I might be missing them however. I also checked out PE but did not see anything that would could be used with pvc. Once again I may be missing it. I was thinking about a 3/4" as well but just wanted to double check. Anyone else have any suggestions/advice? Thanks, rich

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks