What's new

Porting advice needed (1 Viewer)

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
I am builing a sub for a friend and need advice on porting. The sub is an Atlas 15. The internal box volume is 8ft3. I will be using two 4" flared precision ports and am looking to tune the box to about 22Hz. I do not really want to tune lower because the room the sub will be used in is huge (5000ft3) and tuning lower would probably cost too much output. My question is do I need to subtract the volume taken up by the ports, the woofer, and the amplifier when doing my calculations? I think the woofer displaces about .11ft3. The ports roughly .10ft3 each and the amplifier maybe .05-.06ft3. This will take me down to a net internal volume of about 7.65ft3. Is this a large enough difference to be concerned about when diong my calculations? Thanks for your help.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yep, treat everything inside the enclosure as solid pieces taken up volume, including the ports. It'll make you have slightly longer ports for the given target tuning frequency.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks