Ported enclosure for original Ascendant Avalanche

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
When my wife and I moved in to a small rental house I dissassembled my subwoofer consisting of an original Ascendant Avalanche driver, Bash digital 500w plate amp, and 5.3 cf ported enclosure (2 x 3" x 11.5" ports). I still have the driver and amp but the box is gone.

Now we're building a house and I'll have a dedicated HT room. I was wondering if anyone had access to the original Ascendant refrence designs? I'd probably like to do something ported in the 5 cf range similar to what I had before but maybe tuned a bit flatter. I'd like to find the Ascendant refrence designs because they are tested designs and not just WinISD models.

Does anyone have these? Thanks!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'm going to try to sift through the different archive dates and see what I can find. Any reccomendations on "when" to look?

Thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see from your post over at AVS, there are no reference designs. I think that your idea of a 5cf box tuned low is great. If you have a BASH amp from PE, then adjust the SSF from the 30hz factory setting so you will actually get some low bass.

-Robert

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
There are refrence designs but they were never posted to the website. I had them on an old computer but don't have them any more. I'm going to keep trying to get ahold of one of the guys at Ascendant though I've been getting their answering-machine all day today.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NC_Mike