What's new

Portable Kenwood unit (1 Viewer)

Steve_Corrick

Stunt Coordinator
I am considering the Kenwood unit that has docking bases available. One for use in the car and one in the "home" or in my case in my office at work. Any kind of placement limitations with the docking station's indoor antenna that comes with the unit when used "indoors" I have S.W. facing windows in my office.

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Steve,

I currently have the Audiovox unit an it works just fine indoors with the antenna on the window sill.

However the signal strength only shows up as a 4/10 with no dropouts yet. If I put the unit outside it increases to 10/10. I don't know if there is any differences between the Kenwood antenna and the audiovox.

Check out siriusbackstage.com for more detailed answers.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Here's my review.

I've had my unit for almost a day now, and I am very happy with it. The unit is smaller than I imagined, which is a plus. The screen is small too, but it's still readable (at the smallest font setting) from about 2 feet away, which is about how far you will be from it while driving. With the large font setting, it's readable from across a small room. The display is black, with a nice blue font, which I like. The antenna cord is about 30 feet, I'd imagine, which is planty long. I did have a few dropouts with the outdoor antenna, because I don't have a window in the room with my home theater receiver. When I connected the antenna that came with the car kit, the dropouts were minimized significantly. The unit switches streams fairly fast, which I had feared would not be the case. The sound quality is very good to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks