What's new

portable cd player (1 Viewer)

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
My portable cd player just went out on my. It was a Sony Sport discman. I use it for running, riding my mountain bike, working out, etc..

Anyone have a good recommendation? One that's less than $50.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
dave, have you thought about an mp3 player instead? for about 75 bucks, you can get a player that will store around 50 to 100 songs. no issues with skipping, large song access, etc.

really, i just don't think discman's are going to be around too much longer. just a thought ...

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering about the Aiwa linked by Thomas. I had the predecessor to that model, the Aiwa XP-EV501R, and I am ***still very impressed*** by its performance. Here's a year long review I started on it.

Sony's D-NE series is excellent.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I recommend you go the MP3 player route. You can get a small flash type 256mb one for $69 after rebate. Just check best buy for the I-River.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
problem is that I have about 300 cds and I don't want to go through my entire catalogue. Plus, my wife also will use this to play her cd's and I don't want to have to rip all her cd's either. I'd rather stay away from the lossy stuff too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks