portable cd player

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Dave Morton, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    My portable cd player just went out on my. It was a Sony Sport discman. I use it for running, riding my mountain bike, working out, etc..

Anyone have a good recommendation? One that's less than $50.

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

dave, have you thought about an mp3 player instead? for about 75 bucks, you can get a player that will store around 50 to 100 songs. no issues with skipping, large song access, etc.

really, i just don't think discman's are going to be around too much longer. just a thought ...

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

4. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I was wondering about the Aiwa linked by Thomas. I had the predecessor to that model, the Aiwa XP-EV501R, and I am ***still very impressed*** by its performance. Here's a year long review I started on it.

Sony's D-NE series is excellent.

5. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

I recommend you go the MP3 player route. You can get a small flash type 256mb one for $69 after rebate. Just check best buy for the I-River.

6. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    problem is that I have about 300 cds and I don't want to go through my entire catalogue. Plus, my wife also will use this to play her cd's and I don't want to have to rip all her cd's either. I'd rather stay away from the lossy stuff too.