What's new

port vs vent (1 Viewer)

Alexis

Stunt Coordinator
Unless you are referring to one of those aperiodic vents which make your box act as if it was bigger.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing maybe Bryan wanted to know the difference in using port vs. passive radiators (pr)?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Pat,

Don't folks sometimes refer to rectangular ports as vents? You know, the ones that are usually the width of the box but only a few inches high.

Brian

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
For a dual Tempest sonosub? Hmm...
OK look, it's Friday! We all know that reading comprehension is not mandatory around here! ;)
Which would be better for a sonosub? A tube or a cylinder! :) (Not making fun of you Bryan, just trying to have a good Friday. Wait, that was last week, oh nevermind...)
Brian

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
My old sub (Def Tech Prosub200TL) use a TL vent in the rear. Which was like a slotted port/vent. Much like what the ACI emeralds use except bigger. I don't think it would be recommended for the Tempest.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Bryan,

That's still a port, they are just using the side of the box as part of it. Since you're talking about building a sonotube then you just need some PVC pipe or some flared ports.

Brian

Rudy H

Stunt Coordinator
dual tempests....you might need to flare the 8incher. Depends on how big the box is (bigger the box, the greater the port air speed and cone excursion)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks