What's new

Port plugs on SVS CS+ subs? (1 Viewer)

Craig_B

Agent
Does anyone have a 25-31 CS+ and use the port plug to get more extension? It looks like I am going to get a 25-31 CS+ and hopefully I will have enough spl's to run it with the plug in. From what I have read, it will then act like a 20-39. If anyone has this set up, do you feel like you are missing out on any of the really low stuff?

Thanks!

CoreyH

Stunt Coordinator
Actually,

Adding the port plug to your 25-31 would help your lower end, not hurt.

With the port plug in, you'll lose a few db's, but it will act more like the 20-39, as far as the frequency range goes. If you are in a small/medium sized room, you should be able to compensate for the db loss when calibrating.

I have a 20-39 cs+, and just added the port plug a couple of days ago, to see how I liked it. So far I honestly haven't been able to tell much of difference, once I adjusted my lfe level. I guess only time will tell.

Anyway, it's really easy to install/remove the plug, so just play around with it, until you decide what sounds better to you.

hope this helps,

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi guys,
The added extension when using one port plug is really only going to be audible when source material drops under the tuning point of the sub(with all 3 ports open). With the 20-39CS+, that is about 20hz. So you might notice a little more "tactile" sensation on a few seconds of a few DVDs out there(Titan AE,TPM,Toy Story 2, ect)....but the rest of the time...it would actually be better to keep all 3 ports open. It never hurts to try things out in your own room though...that's why we included the plugs in the first place :)
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks