What's new

Port-Blocking -- How To (1 Viewer)

CarlosM

Stunt Coordinator
I recently picked up some B&W 602 S3's and they came w/ the foam to cover the front ports up. I see on the supplied chart a smoother freq/dB line, but I dont exactly know how this translates for me.

I also read that it helps for smaller rooms, which mine is (16 long, 11.5 wide, 8 tall).

Right now i only have two front speakers, and listen to 80ht/20music. Surrounds will most likely come next (601 s3s) and then most likely an HSU STF-2.

...in the mean time, are these port blockers for me?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No, they are probably not for you. You will get a flatter response, but you will also lose a tiny bit of efficiency and some bass extension. If you have a problem with boominess due to location, then try them out, but I don't think you will need them.

Your room is a bit narrow, but not too small.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
They are usually if you have your speakers in a corner, up near a wall, etc, that would make them sound boomy. Unless you're having a boominess problem, you probably don't need them. But it doesn't take anything but some time to play around with them, though, so go right ahead and experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks